• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4.6 DOHC into a 93 fox build- foxannne

foxannne

just wingin it
STILL battling, each 20-30 hour pass is better than the last.
Chased idle this week. New TPS sensor, new TPS pigtail mine was busted. New iac but still wouldn’t idle under 2k rpm. Car was hanging idle around 2k this weekend now idles beautifully after making a restrictor plate for the IAC Valve.

Brakes are giving me hell. Got all the brake line leaks done, now having hydroboost leaks. have to buy some hydraulic sealant and tighten all the lines. A few of em leak when under load. hydroboost can be a real bitch. But it’s gonna be so awesome when it’s said and done.

Clutch isn’t engaging or disengaging, can shift through gears when up in air, but not when weight is on wheels
Pushing the car in gear with the clutch depressed is still behaving as if it’s in gear. have tried to go back and forth in cable pressure I’m still missing something though. Likely will have to throw a new clutch in it.

massacre

Donator
Are you using new teflon seals on the fittings? If they are installed properly they should not leak.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm having a hang idle issue on one of mine. I haven't tackled it yet, but was thinking that it might be the new IAC I installed recently. I'm chasing other gremlins as well.

foxannne

just wingin it
I'm having a hang idle issue on one of mine. I haven't tackled it yet, but was thinking that it might be the new IAC I installed recently. I'm chasing other gremlins as well.
my fix for that was making that intermediate plate between the iac and the intake, and putting a small drill bit hole in both circles. restricting the iac, therefor making the car idle down much faster. this was common for sn guys in my research for this issue, does mess with emissions and throws a code in forscan but meh, im in flawda

Last edited:

foxannne

just wingin it
Are you using new teflon seals on the fittings? If they are installed properly they should not leak.
it was all new fittings, there was 2 o rings. i think on the adapter for the hydroboost unit to AN.
im gonna buy some hydraulic sealant and disconnect, hydraulic thread seal and re snug each line again here soon.
as well as im just gonna buy a brake kit, because im still fighting brake issues. need to eliminate the old calipers and stuff.
as for the clutch ive got a bbk cable which is apparently garbage to most sn guys.
as well as the clutch kit i have was cheap too, so im picking away at it,
when the car drives itll be amazing.
welded up some sidepipes as well sick one

Last edited:

foxannne

just wingin it
another one that ill have to post my excel sheet on when its all wrapped up been working on wiring STOCK fox gauges to the sn95 dash harness.
been a headache but i think i can pull it off

massacre

Donator
I kept the stock Fox fuse box & dash harness, it basically runs off only 1 yellow wire. But i really only have gas gauge and idiot lights for oil and battery. Speedo is cable.
What you are doing is commendable, def not easy and i bet it comes out really nice!

foxannne

just wingin it
I kept the stock Fox fuse box & dash harness, it basically runs off only 1 yellow wire. But i really only have gas gauge and idiot lights for oil and battery. Speedo is cable.
What you are doing is commendable, def not easy and i bet it comes out really nice!
i wish i didnt tear EVERYTHING out... would've saved me a lot of labor. just got excited, now ive got a external fuse box and relay bank from all the extra shit ive had to wire up lol
having to rewire in headlights, taillights, turn sigs and etc. is really gonna be the next mission.
but i got a little Arduino project for some sequential taillights to walk from one side of the taillight to the other, like in modern cars. should be a fun python coding project.
i got the gauges wired in today.
currently need to buy the 2.3 oil pressure and temp sender. then the ohm readings SHOULD match to the gauge, i just to would LOVE to start it up later this week and see if the tach will work. just yanked out the trans due to clutch issues i put a mixmatch clutch in cuz i'm a broke 20 y/o..
paying the price for it now lol.
i think the gas gauge works, its the only one that moves right now lol as well as the volt meter, for sure the illumination works so that's an exciting one, plan to run a GPS speedo into the A pillar as a nice touch. not a fan of the huge external gauges i see on these cars frequently.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you can write in Python, you won't stay broke very long.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When the economy crashed in 2008, we sold Atlantic Coast Mustang. I went to work for the government. I see contractor openings in the national capitol region for scripters all the time. ESRI users are always looking at people who can use Python.

foxannne

just wingin it
thats awsome to hear bill.
ill certainly have to get more serious into it.
as far as the car goes
IM PLOWING MORE BEAVER THAN A RECKLESS RIVERBOAT CAPTAIN

driving it home after i worked all day tuesday. and recklessly after receiving my paycheck decided i was gonna dump half of it into a clutch kit and replace it after work that day.
way too happy

first time it moved under its own power. a hug ensued after. im big excited.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 363971183_157498390696870_1265444061046534644_n.jpg
    363971183_157498390696870_1265444061046534644_n.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1
  • house.jpg
    house.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
  • me and troy car meet 1.jpg
    me and troy car meet 1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1

foxannne

just wingin it
my clutch isnt quite adjusted right, needs the firewall adjuster as im all the way back on the bolt to get it to engage.
also has a throw out bearing sound which sucks because the throw out is brand new.

brakes are garbage. gonna evertually throw a nice like leed kit at it or something, it deserves it. but gonna slap some plugs in the master this week and determine if my master/hydroboost unit is shit or if my lines/prop valve/calipers are, need to start somewhere to eliminate shit

no headlights or nothing yet, i deleted all the old wiring that ran it so thatll be a fun wiring project for a weekend. at bare headlights and brakes

need sway bar, body stiffening., would hate to build this car and its twist or something of that nature
TONS of fun and super excited to get it legal this week and really start diving into more cool stuff like that hardtop roof or those sequeintal turn sigs