• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4R70W in 1982 Mustang

cpearson1342

In case anyone is trying to put a 4R70W that comes stock with the mach 1 into a fox, we have one in our project fox, with a stock style trans crossmember. Only had to slide the adjustment all the way back, and decided to make a solid mount out of the worn out stock t-5 mount, although would work with a stock mount or urethane mount. I'll post some more pictures once I have it in for good tomorrow, very nice fit overall and a good driveline angle with the stock mount.20160211_153400.jpg 20160211_153354.jpg
Don't mind the messed up crossmember mount, the idiot before us must have jacked up on it at some point, it's fixed now.

cpearson1342

When I made my solid trans mount to connect to the crossmember, I made it just a little smaller than the stock one because I checked to see if the driveline was straight and it needed to go down just a little, I can always adjust up with washers so I'd rather have it a little low.

I also thought I would try out the color that we will be painting the car on the crossmember to see how it looks, and 99% sure we will be sticking with that color. It's called Carbon Fiber Metallic, from summit racing in case anyone is wondering, very similar to dark shadow gray.

cpearson1342

Was originally planning to use an 05-09 auto shifter in there, but wouldn't fit so using a stock fox shifter