• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

5.4 swap with AC or without

Sub0ca

Just curious if there will be enough room to hook up ac have searched internet and I usually see just the ac lines in firewall sticking out. also no condenser rads because of intercooler rad, I would like to see if it's been done.
Thanks!

NightStalker

You pretty much have to do a conversion to 96-04 a/c setup, the 5.4 is just a tall deck version of a 4.6 like the 302 to 351.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Are you doing a dash conversion or keeping the Fox dash?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There is about 3" under that that can be used if needed. I have seen one set up where the guy took the AC unit out, had the line relocated at an AC shop, and relocated the hole on the firewall to make room for the 5.4. Would that be an option for you?

takdashark

Donator
I know this is a old thread but I figured I would share some insight. I have a 2v 5.4 and wanted AC. I'm running a 96-04 compressor, 97 Cobra condenser, and 93 accumulator and evaporator. So mating everything was the challenge. There's a website www.coldhose.com and they have all the different fittins and will make the lines for you or sell you the fitting, hose etc if you have access to the crimp too. A hydraulic shop can also crimp them for you as well. I'm waiting for my stuff to come and will let you know how it worked out

Sub0ca

I'll give them a look, Found some fittings that may work on a/c pump that might work as well from Sean Hyland Motorsports

Sub0ca

image.jpg For your help I'll post a progress pic. the cars getting re- painted engine bay smoothed complete

takdashark

Donator
No problem! Car looks great! I lost my garage in 2011 so I don't have a place to do the body yet, or anything that takes more than a Saturday night and Sunday. The first two years I had my car I focused on the drivetrain. MMR got a lot of my money lol the AC is the last thing on my "top priority list"

The guy I've been dealing with is John, he's a older sort of grumpy fella but he knows his stuff.

Sub0ca

I'm hoping to get this car up and running sometime this year, getting so close.. have my interior work to do yet, I've changed out pretty much every part on this car.. stock motor for now with the exception of the fuel rails, but that will change once i have it up and running, plan is to have the 5.8 tvs and pulleys with tune hopefully get some gains.. but this is on a convertible so Ill have to plan for roll cage set up.. :) was a challenging/costly project but the reward will hopefully be worth it,

003 (10).JPG

takdashark

Donator
I got my AC parts today, I still have a few things to map out, but think I in pretty good shape. This has been one of my top priorities since I built the car in 2010. Hopefull it gets done this year, other wise it'll sit a lot once it gets hot.