• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

6 speed conversion

jay38372

Ok so I bought a coupe of eBay that has had a full on Mach 1 conversion with a cobra irs in the rear, it's fitted with automatic but I love slamming gears so my question would be it being a 32v mod motor which is the best 6 speed to go with that will bolt right up?
I am thinking of the following I'll need
Ecu for a manual trans out mach1
Flywheel
Clutch assy
Harnesses if any
Pedal box out of manual car
Oh it has a 4:10 rear end in it if that makes a difference as to what manual transmission I should go with.
If anyone can chime in and tell me whatelse I'll be needing and out of what year model car I'd certainly appreciate it
Thanks.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The T56 is not a terribly difficult installation. There are plenty of them out there. There are a lot of gear ratios available in the aftermarket, and virtually any tranny shop can rebuild one.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That would make it a top end monster with a six speed. How well does it do in first gear?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Its a beautiful machine. I grew up with an 1/8th mile track. Those are fun and most like street drags.

Speedtospare

I have a mach 1 engine with eaton swap setup. I also have cobra T-56 installed with 4.10's. I use a centerforce DFX clutch. This is the perfect gear for 1/4 mile racing. Modular motor really need the gear to get them going. NA the really lack the bottom end torque. Yes you will break your axles lol.