• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

91 SSP 03/04 cobra swap ideas and help please !!

TEXSSP91

hey guys whats up im new here to the modular fox community . but i had some questions and some ideas and some points if maby some of u will help me with . right now im in the point of my project that its time to start picking out a drive train . but form the beginning i planed on doing a 393 stoker turbo and i got the block and other stuff built and money spent !!! so now i saw a buddy of mine has a 98 cobra swap and its sick totally inveus... but i think that's how some of the best cars are built see a friends and then wow i want that but better !!! lol so now Ive stopped every thing cuz im at a point that i have to really figure out what im going to go with but i have a some what of a rare mustang !!! there are only 28 utah SSP cars ever i i have one of them so i want to keep the fox dash but ill change the cluster and i dont really want to change the steering column but if the only way to do this swap is the sn -95 interior then im not going to do it .. so all in all im just kinda here to learn before i spend the 8000 on a swap so ill kinda lay out the more questions at the bottom so .. thank u for all the help

1. can i keep the fox dash and steering column
2.as for body harness ill have to splice in all the light and blinkers and so forth
3.what about pats ?
4. ive heard of done rite performance why does it have to be a 03
5. t56 cross member did u use the stock one the only one that i cold find was from D&D and they just dont sell the cross member
6. vacume for the heater and stuff if i could use the fox dash
7. sway bar heard that it wont clear fox sway bar mounts !!
8. and any things else that some one coudl think of to help me deciede to do this swap .. i got about 9000 to spend on a drive train !!! aand i jsut wont this build to be done right the first tiem and i really liek the idea but i dont want to ruin the stock look on the car in the interior !! so if any one could help me would be awsome .. thats for tiem reading ..

cody

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
1. can i keep the fox dash and steering column YES
2.as for body harness ill have to splice in all the light and blinkers and so forth YES
3.what about pats ? DISABLE IT
4. ive heard of done rite performance why does it have to be a 03 There are other on here..
5. t56 cross member did u use the stock one the only one that i cold find was from D&D and they just dont sell the cross member, we used a stock aod mustang cross member for the 4r70w, which is very close to the same.
6. vacume for the heater and stuff if i could use the fox dash Can't help here removed everything
7. sway bar heard that it wont clear fox sway bar mounts !!
8. and any things else that some one coudl think of to help me deciede to do this swap .. i got about 9000 to spend on a drive train !!! aand i jsut wont this build to be done right the first tiem and i really liek the idea but i dont want to ruin the stock look on the car in the interior !! so if any one could help me would be awsome .. thats for tiem reading .. Keep check out the site all your questions are answered already..

cody

Have fun and hope you enjoy your stay..

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
upgrade the hvac and hetter to 03 cobra will fit
sway bar use a 03 one.

we can make it work trust me lol