• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

96 cobra wiring and fast blink

chris.c

If I use a 96 cobra complete wiring harness on my 93 fox I will get fast blink because of only one rear brake/blinker. How is this typically resolved? Would it be possible to eliminate this by converting both front bulbs (inner and outer marker lights) to blinkers?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I have both my front lights wired to turns and it still blinks fast, but only with the signal on, I can turn my hazards on and it will blink normal. I pondered on this forever and could not get it to do right so I just let it be for the time being. The problem is that SN95 has multiple brake and signal sockets for the rear versus the fox body having one brake socket only and one turn signal socket only. When I first installed my harness I had the turn signal and brake light would light up when I hit the brakes and signal. I simply just left one of the bulbs out on each side in the rear, and of course that's why I have the fast blink. If you get it figured out do tell how you done it.

chris.c

Haven't gotten that far yet, but it came to mind. I'll update when I figure out what to do. Still pretty early in the swap, working on gutting the cobra right now.

benstein IBC

I have both my front lights wired to turns and it still blinks fast, but only with the signal on, I can turn my hazards on and it will blink normal. I pondered on this forever and could not get it to do right so I just let it be for the time being. The problem is that SN95 has multiple brake and signal sockets for the rear versus the fox body having one brake socket only and one turn signal socket only. When I first installed my harness I had the turn signal and brake light would light up when I hit the brakes and signal. I simply just left one of the bulbs out on each side in the rear, and of course that's why I have the fast blink. If you get it figured out do tell how you done it.
how did you get your turn sig als to work on the swap?
ive heard that i need to switchy turn signal lever? that true?