• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

96 Mark VIII into 91 coupe questions

Blckcobra

Alright so i got motor and trans out of a running driving 96 Mark VIII and ALMOST have it sitting in the coupe, the hard part is left now.... the wiring. I have some idea on how to wire the engine up seeing that its all in one harness my main problem is gonna be the Transmission, im going to be using the 4R70w and have no idea how to wire the thing. I have the Mark VIII's dash out and the mountians of wires laying in the car still and attempted to trace the wires coming out of the two plugs that connect to the transmission. I've been sent multiple wiring diagrams but have no idea what im looking at, if anyone has some experience wiring one up please send me and Email Jenglish580@gmail.com

Also im in need of some parts to be 100% finished with install.

96-98 cobra Exhaust Manifolds (or some cheap headers that will fit a stock K member)
a cheap 96-98 cobra intake OR a 97+ Mark VIII intake

Dustin

Just wondering why you are looking for 96-98 cobra Exhaust Manifolds? The stock manifolds from the mark viii will work. I used them on mine with no problems. On the cobra intake, you will not find a cheap one. Get ready to spend around $300 or more. Ebay would be the place to look. Good luck with the build keep us updated on the build with pictures. I wish I had took pictures of everything on mine. You will regret it later if you dont.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I'm running the 96-98 manifolds. It made finding an x-pipe easier, especially if you want something that is bolt on.