• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

98 cobra SRA swap ?

Jonathan

So I understand that the fox axles are 3/4in narrow than my 98 SRA but the housings are the same correct? so if I were to use my built 98 rear is that going to screw with my wheel selections? has anyone done this if so what kind of backspacing/ wheels yall rolling with? I'd like to run some 15s with a 28x10 or 10.50s. then some 17 or 18s with street tires if possible.

Speedtospare

This is the same width axle as your car but out of a 95 GT. The axles are 3/4" wider but the housing is the same size. the driveshaft to housing is different. T56 bolts up to it though :). I run 17X9.5" rims with a 7" backspacing with a 275/40/17 BFG Drag radial and they fit perfect. Goodyear skatorbacks in the pictures. 10" wide rim would need about 7.25" ish backspacing, fender lips rolled, quad shock removed.

You will lose a little space if you run the UPR coilovers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jonathan

awesome I'm starting my build next month. just trying to get it moving under its own power. debating on rearend stuff I've got a MM drag pack now but i'm thinking about a 4 link. I think with my 2.6L Kenne bell and 100 shot of nitrous, in a fox. I'd like to see mid to high 9s out of it and still have a nice well mannered street car.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The heavy duty torque arm setup you have will work great and should handle the 9s. Refresh my memory...you've got d-specs and the adjustable sway bar with the 7/8" x .188 bar? Which LCAs to you have? Are they the 32.1 weight jackers?

Jonathan

Yes i have the hd weight jackers. my main concern is the torque arm with the Kenne bell and nitrous. With 3.73 gears it has a torque rating of 620 ft lbs of tq.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Did it make the 620 on the dyno? If so, was that with the spray? Where in the rpm range does it hit peak torque?

Jonathan

Yeah car made 715 ft lbs with the eaton and 100 shot. With eaton alone it makes 553 on 105 octane. I do have a n2o controller that will lock out first gear

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The only way to know for sure how well the torque arm will do is to sit down and map out the data logs and do math with all the details. My gut tells me it will do fine. I'm betting that there are other links in the chain that will be the weak link long before the torque arm gives up, but we would just have to map it out against everything.

Jonathan

I think it will to im going to run it what's the worst that can happen? It's a great piece and I enjoy the way the car handles this is going to be a fun build cant wait to get it going.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm looking forward to it as well. I should get to start working on mine again in a couple of months. I close on a house with a nice size garage and a small workshop area in three weeks. I agree that I think your setup will be able to handle the load. When I talked to MM about it before you bought it, they were pretty comfortable with the application.

Jonathan

Ordered stifflers fit kit and trans mount. Pretty excited! Trying to keep weight off the car and get power to the rear wheels looking at different options to do all the above!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You will like the Fit kit. You will need to install the jacking rails and subframe connectors before you do your fuel and brake lines. Don't install your webbing until after the fuel lines or they will be a huge pain in the backside. I had to do quite a bit of hammer and dolly work on the body seams next to the jacking rails, but it makes for a really nice installation.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It is possible to use the jacking rail like a conduit for fuel, nitrous and brake lines...run them through, fill it with Great Stuff Spray Foam, you'd never have to worry about rattle, vibration damage or road debrit damage. You know I like things that are multi-functional anyway.