• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coil overs or coil springs question

Eddie

So…. I bought me a QA1 k frame didn’t realize it didnt have coil buckets or what ever you call them. So what are you guys running? Coil overs if so which ones.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
"So…. I bought me a QA1 k frame didn’t realize it didn't have coil buckets or whatever you call them. So, what are you guys running?"

I used the original K-member so I can't tell you which coil-over conversion is best. Keep in mind, though, when you use coil-overs, the springs are applying a load to a location never intended to take that load. You'll need a brace between the shock towers.

Eddie

"So…. I bought me a QA1 k frame didn’t realize it didn't have coil buckets or whatever you call them. So, what are you guys running?"

I used the original K-member so I can't tell you which coil-over conversion is best. Keep in mind, though, when you use coil-overs, the springs are applying a load to a location never intended to take that load. You'll need a brace between the shock towers.
Yes sir I was thinking about that’s. I really don’t want to do coil overs really want to stick with stock suspension. Wanted the aftermarket k frame for easy access.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes sir I was thinking about that’s. I really don’t want to do coil overs really want to stick with stock suspension. Wanted the aftermarket k frame for easy access.
There are several companies that have the top spring buckets and Aarms that will accept coil springs. I used a D&D the last time. I liked that set up way better than coilovers I have used. Either way, I do also recommend a strut tower brace.