• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

fuel tank/pump setup options

Which fuel tank

• Modify existing tank

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Modify new edge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fox sump

• Fuel cell

• Total voters

Y2K GT

Alright guys I'm starting off with a 84.5' GT350. It started life as a 5.0L with CFI. In looking at the existing fuel system (factory) I have an intank pump and external pump, its a return style (I'm going returnless), and I'm not sure I wanna keep any of this existing stuff!! So I have my y2k GT fuel tank and pump (255gph) at my disposal. Should I modify the existing, modify the new edge to fit, or go with a fox sump style or even aftermarket fuel cell. I'm looking for the easiest route. I haven't wired anything in yet, but have all engine harnesses, so the wire harness will need to be fab'd too.
Ideas!?! thanks all!
"fail to plan, plan to fail"

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Since you have the y2k unit, and assuming you don't have an unlimited budget, I would use that one. You can make the modification with a hammer if that is what you need to do. there is interference on one corner. It is ugly, but I have seen a guy fix it with a hand sledge.