• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Futura Cobra (a.k.a the "Futang" or the "Cobura")

FuturaGuy

Staff member
DCFC0220.JPGDCFC0223.JPG That's not my place - that's the body shop. My garage is stuffed with a '72 Mustang, my daily driver Oldsmobile, a '79 Pontiac Sunbird (temporarily until the Futura comes home), and all the usual Happy Homeowner stuff like a lawnmower, snowblower, firewood, shelves, etc. What I need is a 12-car garage with an attached efficiency apartment.

I added a couple of new pictures taken with a different camera - no flash so the color isn't very good.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
DCFC0231.JPG DCFC0243.JPG DCFC0227.JPG DCFC0228.JPG 1000 views - somebody must like this thread. (Not me - I'm not pimping my own thread here). Anyway, here are new pictures taken earlier this year when it left the body shop.

Took it on a trip to New Hampshire in October for the Four-Eyed Pride Fall Foliage Cruise. The T-45 transmission totally crapped outside of Nashua - the donor car only had 31,000 miles but they must have been done a quarter mile at a time - so the local Ford dealer got a replacement tranny, resurfaced the flywheel, and installed a new clutch. Don't ask what that cost. Other than that, the car has run great and I've gotten lots of compliments at shows and cruise nights.

View attachment 990View attachment 991 That's not my place - that's the body shop. My garage is stuffed with a '72 Mustang, my daily driver Oldsmobile, a '79 Pontiac Sunbird (temporarily until the Futura comes home), and all the usual Happy Homeowner stuff like a lawnmower, snowblower, firewood, shelves, etc. What I need is a 12-car garage with an attached efficiency apartment.

I added a couple of new pictures taken with a different camera - no flash so the color isn't very good.
Nice ride! I like the idea.

FuturaGuy

Staff member
That is a sweet ride! You can mess with a lot of unsuspecting imports and Chevysee with that.

A number of people have told me I could have a lot of fun blowing off punk kids in Hondas and Subarus. I'm sure I could but won't for 3 reasons:
1) This project has been a labor of love and an engineering exercise. I have a tremendous amount of time and effort, blood (literally, a few times), sweat, toil, and tears, not to mention MONEY, invested in it so I'm not going to risk destroying it all by doing something stupid, like street racing.
2) I like to think I've outgrown that kind of stuff. I'm older than I care to admit and an otherwise upstanding citizen, so I don't want to find myself trying to explain to a state trooper why I was racing on a public road against some kid one-third my age in his little ricer racer.
3) I don't want to break the kid's heart - this car will blow his doors off!