• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hello from Colorado

Justa862v

Hey everyone,

My name is Tim and I am reintroducing myself into the Foxbody world. I have owned a few in the past but been mostly in the SN95 world. I had the opportunity to pickup a 86 coupe that I have been watching. I should have the car in a couple weeks. I decided since I was building a Teksid 2v for my 96 GT (for sale) that I would put it in this roller. Excited to learn from you all and see some of the great builds.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Hi Tim. Welcome to the site. I love the 86. The shell in my avatar is an 86 vert. The Teksid 2v is a fun build. I haven't done one in around 15 years, but I wrote the article on here. Dig in and make yourself at home. Start a build thread and post up some pics. We could really use a detailed build thread on the Teksid 2v. My build data was lost when the Atlantic Coast Mustang site went down about 10 years ago.

ECoogan

Hey everyone,

My name is Tim and I am reintroducing myself into the Foxbody world. I have owned a few in the past but been mostly in the SN95 world. I had the opportunity to pickup a 86 coupe that I have been watching. I should have the car in a couple weeks. I decided since I was building a Teksid 2v for my 96 GT (for sale) that I would put it in this roller. Excited to learn from you all and see some of the great builds.
Hey Tim!

My name is Eric and I also hail from Colorado (Aurora area) and I am finally joining the Foxbody world as well! I hope maybe we can get together some time and do some car stuff, my friend!

Sincerely,
Eric C

Justa862v

Thank you all so much. Had some bad luck and no longer had the opportunity to get my 86. I did pick up a 79 coupe today and will switch the front end to look like an 86 before she is done.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Thank you all so much. Had some bad luck and no longer had the opportunity to get my 86. I did pick up a 79 coupe today and will switch the front end to look like an 86 before she is done.
Have you already done the block work on you Teksid?

Justa862v

The short block is already built. I traded for it from a buddy of mine. The only concern is the 2v coolant hole being drilled. Haven’t been able to verify it yet

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The coolant hole is actually pretty easy. All you need to verify the hole is there and in the right place is a 2V head gasket. I used a cheap one as a template and drill bit guide. I think there is a picture of it on my write up.