• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Help Questions on swap

Ive been reading on this swap for months , gathering info , and Im putting a 01 cobra motor and trans. in my 90 gt, Im confused on which route to go on the k member i have read u can use the stock cobra k member if u modify its mounting holes, but u need to purchase the spacers to center the wheel in the fender well, the spacers were around $170.00, and i have seen aftermarket k-members for $240-$ 278. for 87-04 mustangs, I can see where u can gain valuable space with the aftermarket , but i dont understand if they have mounting holes for both 302 and 4.6 or do u need to specify which u need, and does it line up the wheels up correctly or do the come with a type of spacing for the different years? any opinion on the matter is greatly appreeciated , and if u can recomend a brand and still retain stock arms, Thanks for the help

modularf

[quote author=stangaddict link=topic=358.msg747#msg747 date=1253497987]
Ive been reading on this swap for months , gathering info , and Im putting a 01 cobra motor and trans. in my 90 gt, Im confused on which route to go on the k member i have read u can use the stock cobra k member if u modify its mounting holes, but u need to purchase the spacers to center the wheel in the fender well, the spacers were around $170.00, and i have seen aftermarket k-members for $240-$ 278. for 87-04 mustangs, I can see where u can gain valuable space with the aftermarket , but i dont understand if they have mounting holes for both 302 and 4.6 or do u need to specify which u need, and does it line up the wheels up correctly or do the come with a type of spacing for the different years? any opinion on the matter is greatly appreeciated , and if u can recomend a brand and still retain stock arms, Thanks for the help
[/quote]

The AJE suspension comes with both perches for a 4.6 and 5.0 I just posted pics of our install.