• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How would u do it

hipoman

Building a teksid 2v carbed motor on E85 with stick in a fox. HOW WOULD YOU BUILD IT ? Weather it be on what you have seen or experience, tell me ! I've got some ideas and BILL on this site is giving me some. I'd like to be hi compression and this is a strip car only. NEVER on the street.

HIT ME !!!!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There aren't a lot of guys on there that go into the long block. I agree that there are a couple of guys on here that will generally offer an opinion, but they may be busy.

David

Strip car...I would bore and stroke for all that's she's worth...ridiculous head work...that's what I would do

whiteponygt

As far as I know they still do but the cheapest kit they sell is like 4000.00 for the 2v and that's none intercooled.

hipoman

image.jpg that was one idea i thiught about. Superchargers are $ and fun. The car is already striped & most of the main parts for safety & NHRA regulations are done. Its licensed for 8.50 in the quarter.
I've been doing a lot of research lately on the 2v, E85 & very high compression. The whole idea behind the car was to be old school mostly. A carbed high compression engine & a stick. The stick is a challenge i look forward to. There are guys running 16:1 compression on E85. It should sound very nasty at 14:1. Mod max has a forged internal balanced rotating assembly with flat top pistons & the 38cc trick flow will be 14.4:1. E85 even though u use more of it will be approx 1/3 cost of racing fuel.

whiteponygt

licensed for 8.50 that 2v will have to be doing some serious work . What will one of these high compression mod motors run?

David

I thought mod max products weren't so great? I looked into their strokers kits a while back. Can't remember if it was them or another company that had trash cranks

hipoman

Not saying it will go that. I over built the car so i would'nt have to update as i go faster. The car was built for a hi compression 392 windsor SB. with the bottom end , compression & heads I can allways slap on nitrous right.

hipoman

As far as what a 2v mod can do. I have no clue. Doing something different. Worth a try. If it doesnt work i'll go turbo & auto matic. Doing things a little different is fun. What you guys are doing on this site is different too. If i had a street fox thats what i'd do.