• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just starting

90GTconv.

I'm at the beginning of the road to modular power on my 90 GT conv. My question is, has any bought and installed a coyote 5.0 from an f150 and the ford racing power pack hooked right up with no difference? I've been told that's the cheaper route instead of the more expensive crate motor option. Any suggestions for other parts and kits to ease install? Thanks.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. I'm not a Coyote guy, so can't help you there, but someone here might know.

90GTconv.

Welcome to the site. I'm not a Coyote guy, so can't help you there, but someone here might know.
Thanks, well to be honest I don't necessarily want a coyote after doing a lot of research it's a little too expensive for me BUT, I know there's other modular swaps. I'm open to any modular swap at this point that won't brake the bank lol. So I'm up for suggestions and am curious to know how you get your instruments and A/C to work with the other swaps. Once again thanks for the welcome

egbertnr

The f150 engine will need to have cams replaced and a few other things to have the performance of a mustang. If you can get a coyote out of a used mustang and harness you would be in better shape. However even used coyotes being $$$. I'm in a similar boat as you trying to decide which route but I'm stuck on a coyote. I just want the power out of the gate. A terminator is a good option but they still bring healthy money.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Bill

Staff member
Donator
My personal recommendation for a you would be a new edge GT/5-speed (unless you prefer automatics) convertible donor car. You can get virtually every part you need to make the swap for around $3k or less. Do the swap. Get everything working. Upgrade as the budget allows later or during the swap. The Coyote motor, no matter where it comes from, is going to be expensive. With the donor car, you get everything you need, plus some parts to sell to offset the cost of the build.

whipple95cobra

i read that the coyote swap is out of reach you can also put a older 96 -98 or 99 01 cobra motor swap or even a 2v mod swap you can use a dunn rite performance engine harness and have them program your computer.its a simple clean factory look install you can leave your dash and lighting the way it is.i have done several swaps and use dunne rite performance for the harnesses they have also done computer programming for me.they have been outstanding and helpful.i have made done my own modded harness in the past and it was time consuming and you will need to buy a good manual.with the dunn rite performance harness its just a few simple hook ups and your up and running.good luck on your project keep them fords fast and running.