• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

K member question

roachedone

Donator
so this weekends plan is to get the 04 kmember and suspension in the 86.. i made a template from the 86 kmember before we put it in the 04.. so my question is do i need to trim the kmemeber from the 04 or can i just elongate the bolt holes? just looking to save alittle time and troubles if possible..

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
so this weekends plan is to get the 04 kmember and suspension in the 86.. i made a template from the 86 kmember before we put it in the 04.. so my question is do i need to trim the kmemeber from the 04 or can i just elongate the bolt holes? just looking to save alittle time and troubles if possible..
Awesome get pics...

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

myers407

Staff member
On both of the 87/02 and 88/99 I was able to elongate the bolt holes and had no problems with the length. But I have seen several where there was an interference problem. I am not sure what it was tho.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The problem is that Ford had more than one plant making the k-members.

roachedone

Donator
well like i said, i did make a template before the old one went back in the donor car.. there was quite a length diference. I'll elongate them first and see how that works and go from there..

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
elongate the holes and u might have to trim a bit off the mounting plate because there a bit longer then the fox k member...i was using a 96 k member before i swapped and the mounting tab on the bottom of the k member would hit the body/frame mount...but u can make it work

roachedone

Donator
on another note, and i will post pictures in our build section tomorrow, i took apart the rag joint on both stearing shats and made one so that the 86 stearing column will fit the 04 rack... looks like it will work.. will know forsure tomorrow.

myers407

Staff member
I had thought that would work just be sure to use lock nuts, would not want that to come apart.