• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lightning engine into a Foxbody

QSACFoxbody

Hey guys,

First time posting here but I'm trying to do a lightning swap in my 1984 Ford Mustang since we do alot of performance upgrades to lightnings and a customer left his old engine here for us to keep. The engine is from a 2000 Ford lightning with supercharger and everything. Mustang has a 1999 mustang T5 transmission with a 8.8 rear end. I know the rear end will hold up but I dont think the T5 will. What else do I need besides a different transmission to run this lightning motor in the four eye?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. On the bolt in side, you will need a Kmember from a 96 to 04 Mustang GT. I recommend the TR 3650 Tranny for if you are staying 5speed. You can adapt the engine wiring harness from a New Edge Mustang GT (not my forte). You will need a different tranny crossmember. You will need to hydrobooster for the brakes to work. That's a good start. Make yourself at home. Start a build thread and post some pics when you can.