• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looking for some diagrams + questions

ssowell

88 fox, 00 gt 4.6 & t45

I need a couple of actual diagrams showing which connectors go to what. Hopefully like an actual view of a wiring harness with labels?? I KNOW it's a LOT to ask for, but any help will help.. My Google search history looks like a book lol.

I need the engine harness, computer harness, and fuse box harness for a 2000 GT. And the under dash harness for an 88 Mustang..

Also, I'm planning on building a custom engine harness and dash harness. So I got a couple of questions..

Question 1:
I have the complete engine bay harness(es) out of the 00 GT. I'm going to be running a return style system and the fuel pump is going to be ran off a switch. Since I'm running this independent of the computer I can bypass the porcelain resistor correct?

Question 2:
I'm running a Florida 5.0 instrument cluster w/ autometer gauges. The VSS (T45 speed sensor) has two wires. This leads me to believe the VSS is a sine wave generating sensor, correct? The autometer gauge is a 1 wire electric speedo. Does this mean one wire is grounded and the other goes directly to the speedo? There's no need to connect it to the computer right? Also, back up lamp.. Same thing right, one wire grounded, the other to the reverse lights?

Question 3:
How have you hooked up your throttle cable?? I'm not tooooooo interested in cruise control now, but perhaps in the future. Please, give details.

Thank you guys!!

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
88 fox, 00 gt 4.6 & t45

I need a couple of actual diagrams showing which connectors go to what. Hopefully like an actual view of a wiring harness with labels?? I KNOW it's a LOT to ask for, but any help will help.. My Google search history looks like a book lol.

I need the engine harness, computer harness, and fuse box harness for a 2000 GT. And the under dash harness for an 88 Mustang..

Also, I'm planning on building a custom engine harness and dash harness. So I got a couple of questions..

Question 1:
I have the complete engine bay harness(es) out of the 00 GT. I'm going to be running a return style system and the fuel pump is going to be ran off a switch. Since I'm running this independent of the computer I can bypass the porcelain resistor correct?

Question 2:
I'm running a Florida 5.0 instrument cluster w/ autometer gauges. The VSS (T45 speed sensor) has two wires. This leads me to believe the VSS is a sine wave generating sensor, correct? The autometer gauge is a 1 wire electric speedo. Does this mean one wire is grounded and the other goes directly to the speedo? There's no need to connect it to the computer right? Also, back up lamp.. Same thing right, one wire grounded, the other to the reverse lights?

Question 3:
How have you hooked up your throttle cable?? I'm not tooooooo interested in cruise control now, but perhaps in the future. Please, give details.

Thank you guys!!

Please Read the Below..
http://www.modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/new-users-please-read.1368/

ssowell

I know about the post count.. I can still get some questions answered and whatnot right? I'll be at ten posts soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I know about the post count.. I can still get some questions answered and whatnot right? I'll be at ten posts soon.

most those diagrams are posted.. That will help you with your Modular Project..

ssowell

I've got some schematics but I was hoping for actual harness layout. I was searching on Alldata and it has the same schematics.

I'll get it figured out though.

Svt Fox

Staff member
I've got some schematics but I was hoping for actual harness layout. I was searching on Alldata and it has the same schematics.

I'll get it figured out though.

Are you looking for a harness layout that was created by someone that already completed the swap? A plug and play schematic so to speak?

ssowell

That would be cool but not exactly. I have my harnesses out of both cars but I don't know which every single plug does. The stuff I don't need, I want to take out (i.e. Egr, rear o2, instrument cluster, radio, etc.)

ssowell

I guess a picture of the actual harnesses with labels? I can find them all day for stock fox engine harnesses, but not 4.6 harness. And I definitely haven't been able to find dash harness diagrams for foxes

Svt Fox

Staff member
The info is available, most of which is already here. One of the really cool things about Ford wiring is, they used a lot of the same color codes over the years.

Don't get discouraged! I am a huge fan of clean, modified, stock harnesses.

Last edited:

ssowell

I've got like ten posts now so maybe I can find out. I just noticed a diagram section smh.

Thanks man, everything is so clean installed I wanted to make my harness the same.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Measure twice cut once? It sounds like you have most of it handled. Have fun with it and take your time.

badazzvert

im looking for the same diagrams but im just wiring in the 1999 cobra harness into mine but alot of wires doesent match like window motors also door lock actuators have 4 wires on new edge 2 on fox

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The convertible body harness is very different from the coupe/hatch harness...extra wires for extra power windows, extra switches, different wires for the split side Mach 460, etc. If you are building a coupe of hatch back, the convertible harness is going to be a pain in the ass. If you aren't so far into it that you can't change, hit eBay or the local salvage yard and get a harness that matches your body type. If it is too late, or the budget is too tight, unwrap, chase, cut, etc. It can be done. All the wires are there. However, having the proper harness will save you many hours of fun with a multi-meter.

badazzvert

im building a 92 convertible so I have to have the convertible harness also a good thing it doesent have the mach stereo setup

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The 86 vert will be my first full interior swap, so I will probably run into the same issues. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours comes out.