• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

mark 8 in my drag car

stroker331

im new to the site but have been looking around for a while. I have always wanted to put a four valve in one of my two stangs and here is my chance. Next week im going to pick my motor up from the scrap yard in pa. harrys you pull it has many lincoln mark 8 motors there all for $80 on the right week. So, the car in my avatar is the canidate, its caged, mini tubed, thru the floor sub frame connectors the works. Was going to put my 331 dart in it but i have my other stang turboed with the stock block which is on borrowed time. Anyways im excited to build this drag car up, ongoing 3 year project. One of my few questions is when i get the mark motor out i was planning on getting the whole engine harness and computer, is the mark computer really as good as the 96-98 cobra aol2 computer?? If not can you just swap the cobra computer in the mark harness?? And lastly what are you guys using to tune a supercharged or turboed mark motor---sct, tweecer, etc etc. Planning on putting a cobra crank, manley or mahle rods, and mahle pistons lastly a gt4788 turbo looking for at least 850 wheel hp. Thank you to all the good members on this site.

Speedtospare

Awesome find on the teksid block. They sell here for $400-600. I'm using an auto computer from Mach 1 but my motor is mach 1. I am using a harness from RJM Harness (if it ever get's here) I would just get the Lincoln computer tuned to your needs. I am using an SCT flip chip for my tune. I need to keep a tune for emissions on the car as we have hellish emissions control here in Ontario.

Motor wise your best bet is to find a set of 4V C heads and a Mach 1 intake to put on the teksid block. The C heads can be found on 03-04 cobra's, Aviators, 03+ Marauders, and Mach 1's. The heads have revised exhaust and flow more than the earlier heads. The mach 1 intake is almost identical to the 99-01 cobra but flows 20-30 cfm more.

Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If you decide to stay with the B heads either run the 96-98 cobra intake or a 97 Mark VIII like i did, if i were to switch to C heads i would run M112 twin screw on it. Also i have a Mark VIII computer if you are interested, will let it go for cheap.

stroker331

I was planning on keeping the b heads porting them a good five angle valve job good springs etc etc 98 cobra cams. The bottom end will be a cobra 8 bolt Kellogg crank manley h beams and mahle pistons 9.0/1 comp. Don't know if I should keep factory electronics or go to like a dfi or fast setup? Will be taking pics tomarrow of the car for you guys thanks again for the input

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I had to use left overs on my build LOL, I might getting it going sometime this YEAR, looking forward to seeing your build. If we can help dont be afraid to ask we will try are best.