• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

mod swap door handle help...

myers407

Staff member
Ill send you thoes pictures when I get in from work on Friday. I used the equipment from the 02GT all of it is built into the latch assembly.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I am the one that did the out side handles. I will be glad to help you out, it's just been a bit crazy lately. On my car I did the compleat swap. I did the outside as seen in the pictures and on the inside I used the SN latches. I will be happy to post some pictures. It was not a hard swap and a very small amout of modifucation. I did have to elongate the slot in the door for the newer latch and drill new holes. Then mount the striker side on the car. I found this to be the best option. Other methods involve making an elibrate hinge to change the motion of the door pull. Most have a lot of problems with it. I was able to retain the power locks and door swich for the lights as well.
Stricker side
mustangwork004.gif

Door side
mustangwork008.gif
from the inside
mustangwork009.gif

Inside handle
mustangwork007.gif
I hope that this helps, but feel free to contact me with any questions.

myers407 can you fix your links.. Thanks like to check this out..

myers407

Staff member
Sorry about that I just fixed it. Here are some more I hope that this helps.
mustangwork006-9.jpg
Here you can see the rod that comes from the outer handel to trip the latch. The little yellow tab.

mustangwork009-8.jpg
Here is a good inside shot. Again you can see the trip rod in the upper left side. The end was cut off and re-threaded to use the stock catch.

100_2362.jpg
Here is the outer handle from the inside you can see the top of the door rod in this shot.

100_2363.jpg
Up close of th eend of that rod at the latch.

100_2365.jpg
Here is the compleat setup in place.

100_2385.jpg
Here is why I changed this is the old fox latch. The later system has the lock and a door adjar switch built into the latch system. I wanted to keep my 02 harness as intact as possible. Good luck.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
thanks. well now i have to wait again for the parts because the guy i ordered the parts from sent me fox parts and not sn95 parts. so i have to wait. but ill get my rear end done and then ill worry about the doors.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sorry about that I just fixed it. Here are some more I hope that this helps.
View attachment 3500
Here you can see the rod that comes from the outer handel to trip the latch. The little yellow tab.

View attachment 3501
Here is a good inside shot. Again you can see the trip rod in the upper left side. The end was cut off and re-threaded to use the stock catch.

View attachment 3502
Here is the outer handle from the inside you can see the top of the door rod in this shot.

View attachment 3503
Up close of th eend of that rod at the latch.

View attachment 3504
Here is the compleat setup in place.

View attachment 3505
Here is why I changed this is the old fox latch. The later system has the lock and a door adjar switch built into the latch system. I wanted to keep my 02 harness as intact as possible. Good luck.
It's funny how much of this you forget when you haven't done it in a few years. My youngest is now 15 and we are taking on a project for him. It is one I've had around for years, but it will still be fun project. We will be doing the door updates similar to above. He and I are working on our build book to keep track of how we want to do things and also how we don't want to do things.