• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modular Conversion K-Member Info

I used QA1 kmember with no issues for a 96 up. I say no issues but extremely close to firewall and had to lengthen fox steering shaft 1". Not an issue if your using sn shaft as they telescope.

modulistic

02 GT K member in an 89 5.0. barely had to shave the rear of the k member and elongate the holes. dropped right in. engine sits way back, but enough to get a finger back there.

Speedtospare

Speedtospare

What modifications are needed to use the 02 mustang k member on a fox? Mine is sitting on the lower mount and the upper is about 1/4 inch off??

I already cut short and moved over the boltholes on the lower so all holes match up. It's just the 1-4 inch higher. I plan to just use spacers. Will that make any other issues arise?

Shave the rear off 1/4" elongate the bolt holes

Bill

Staff member
Donator
If you don't mind elongating several holes and doing a bit more shaving, you can move the K-member forward about 1/2" pretty easily

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Any chance you got a couple of pictures to share? I've considered doing that, but never have.

92dohcfox

No pics but I just marked where the motor sat with the mounts, lifted engine up, and used a plasma cutter to elongate holes forward. This makes the engine sit much further away from firewall and allowed me to used the 01 driveshaft also. Easier to work on that way. Also had tto do that due to head cooling mod, the drivers side crack pipe was up.against firewall and I didnt like how close valve cover was to clutch cable and adjuster etc.

Speedtospare

4.30's and spray will be too much. My eaton swapped mach 1 and T56 runs 11.50@122 and I'm crossing the line about 6200-6400 with 4.10's and 26" tire. Car makes 460/440 to the wheels. I tires 28"s but they hurt my 60 ft which is already a slow 1.6

92dohcfox

4.30's and spray will be too much. My eaton swapped mach 1 and T56 runs 11.50@122 and I'm crossing the line about 6200-6400 with 4.10's and 26" tire. Car makes 460/440 to the wheels. I tires 28"s but they hurt my 60 ft which is already a slow 1.6
that's strange you say that, due to the light weight of fox? I say that combo because it works very well on friends 04 mach 1. He has full exhaust, 98 cams, 4:30s and 125 shot 26 tire runs 10.89 @ 128 fastest pass. Think due to more weight of his vehicle. Just from 4:10s to 4:30s was huge improvement for his car.

Speedtospare

I'm almost out or RPM by the end of the quarter. What your buddies 60 ft? I dont have full exhaust on my car, and mine has all emissions including cats. His could be making a little more than mine as he has 6 mph on my best 1/4 traop speed.

92dohcfox

it just runs nitrous, 130k miles, traps 1.40 60ft, with a positive displacement blower like yours less gear is better. With my turbo I only ran 3.27s due to full boost at 2500 rpms. I would only run a 4.10 with a centri-blower. What rpm do you shut down? Those engines like to rev, not as high as mine but 7k no problem.

92dohcfox

I would ask them, personally i would run stock K and spend money on control arms n such first, but the tubular ks make it nice for headers

2manytoyz

Donator
I called them today and should be good with the one i picked .
My car is also air bagged and has to have the stock lca.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
When I had a stock 96 n up k member a
Only thing done to it was enlongating the lower bolt holes on the k member. Trimming some of the bracket off. And it slid right into place. I don't have old pics otherwise I would post them. As for using Fox a arms on a sn95 k member I believe they bolt right in. But u might want to use the sn95 ones for a bit better geometry of the suspension. Also when using a sn95 rack just trim the ends about a inch and use sn95 tie rods to mate up to it. Aside from the MM steering shaft for sn95 to Fox column
Agreed. If you use the SN95 kmember, trimming the back and elongating the holes allows it to bolt up nicely. Something I remind people of on the SN95/New Edge control arms is that there are multiple iterations with differing geometry. There are also some pretty cool aftermarket options for the control arms, as well as some modification that can be made to factory ones for specific purposes. For example, you can modify the stock control arms to allow for 30+ degrees of turn angle if you are drifting. To see that, look up Chris Fix on youtube. Not only does it help his drift control, it lowered the turn radius by an incredible amount. There is also a guy on youtube that was able to clear 315s on the front for his autocross car. I boxed a set for a street legal wheel stander a few years ago. He didn't need weight savings, he needed survivability.