• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 1986 Mod Fox Build (Mark VIII 4v)

cdog02mustgt

I originally started the build buying this LX that was pretty much ready for the crusher. The car was a 4cl car that had been sitting in a field for about 6 years. Everything was pretty much garbage. All the plastics were beat form the New Mexico sun.

Here is the progress in pics

005.JPG
013.JPG
010.JPG

014.JPG

020.JPG

Right away I started taking the car apart.

001.JPG

003.JPG

Found a power plant in the form of a 351w from a mid 80's van

007 (2).JPG

Got the car running a driving with the 351w c6 and stock 4cyl rear on nasty old tires

011.JPG

Finished filling the holes in the engine bay and cleaning up some wires....Time for some engine bay paint.

012.JPG
While working on the body

017.JPG

029.JPG

Time for some paint

034.JPG

047.JPG

All put back together with the 87+ quarter windows

048.JPG

Time for a some interior

006.JPG

Ditched the C6 for an AOD put in a small cam, and put in a new carb.

011.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
Did a Mustang 5 lug swap and put in an 8.8. Also picked up some GT wheels to roll the car around. Also replaced the windshild.

DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG
As it sits now. I decided to do the swap because I am having a few issues with the AOD and the motor has not been the most reliable. I Ended up picking up a 1998 lincoln mark viii at an auction and thought it would be a great donor car for a swap. The car had 123k miles and ran great.

I just started pulling parts off of it for the swap.

DSC_0055.JPG

Here it sits as of today. More pics to follow as progress keeps moving.

DSC_0020.JPG

Attachments

• 86 mustang 1.jpg
    86 mustang 1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 50

cdog02mustgt

Anyone know if I can use the factory brake booster or do I need to switch over to a hydroboost setup? If so, what is all needed to run a hydroboost?

whiteponygt

I believe it's modfoxmustang that put it on here but there is a really good diagram of the hydroboost set up and it will show all u need. I think it's in the brake section,it helped me.

Yes manual or Hydroboost should clear. Manual will look alot cleaner and better safety wise in my opinion.
Whats your plan for the car? A cruiser, drag racing?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Manual brakes on the street really do suck. If you are going to do anything besides tow it to the local drag strip, the hydroboost is a worthy installation and not all that difficult. It also allows you to upgrade to ABS and electronic launch control if you choose.