• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Guy 04 cobra swap?

New guy from wa. Got a 89 hatchback looking to swap in a 32v. Question is can I use the teksid shortblock and 03-04 heads and blower? Pretty new to the whole modular motors. Also what harness would be best 96 cobra or would it have to me newer if I used the 04 heads? If that's even possible. Looking to build the teksid internals to hold 700hp. But would like a stock 04 blower to and components to run the car till I choose a centi or a nice Kenny bell. Thanx in advanced!

FNG

Donator
To easily answer your question, a teksid block will accept the 03-04 heads. Just need to ensure u get the correct intake and exhaust.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
You can use the complete top and bottom end of the terminator. The Teksid block requires a minor modification to allow for the extra water jacket path on the C-heads. The mod is shown in the 2V article below and is quite easy to do. At the 700hp+ level, I recommend a stud kit and profession balance work for the reciprocating assembly. You can reach 700 with a ported and pulleyed Eaton 112 (Factory termi compressor). They tend to run a little warm at that level, but an intercooler upgrade can solve most of that.

http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/teksid-2v-tech-article-must-read.821/
http://modularfoxmustangs.com/community/threads/fords-4-6l-teksid-and-wap-blocks.811/

FNG

Donator
With Bill's response in the thread, that is the hard part to making the c heads fit the teksid block.

Better do some research on getting an "eaton swap" put together, there's like 62 specific parts that are part of it (not all are needed) but nonetheless it's still a pretty comprehensive undertaking.

I am using a Teskid block for my build, that's not a big deal to find them or use them, but unfortunately the block and the short block is minor in the grand scheme of the whole build.

Do lots of research and this seems to be a great place to start!

FNG

Donator
For the Eaton swap you might want to look at the Mach 1 registry. They have a ton of posts on that swap. I am sure they have the info here too.