• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Guy 04 cobra swap?

New guy from wa. Got a 89 hatchback looking to swap in a 32v. Question is can I use the teksid shortblock and 03-04 heads and blower? Pretty new to the whole modular motors. Also what harness would be best 96 cobra or would it have to me newer if I used the 04 heads? If that's even possible. Looking to build the teksid internals to hold 700hp. But would like a stock 04 blower to and components to run the car till I choose a centi or a nice Kenny bell. Thanx in advanced!

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The short answer is yes, you can used the Teksid block with c-heads...with some minor modifications. You have a great deal of research to do before you can start putting that combination together. This is a good place to start so my advice is: dig in and start reading. Don't forget to factor in the cost of chassis prep. 700hp in an 89 hatch is tough to get to the ground and control.

Okay awesome. Got to options right now actually pick up a full 98 cobra swap for 2k or 99 cobra swap for 2500. anyone have experience with either? Heard the intake runners need ported or something on the 99. And is "THE MOD" to do to them.?

whiteponygt

99 cobra swap.that's my vote.With the c heads you can pick up an Eaton swap pretty reasonable make around 500 which is a nice streetable car.

awesome! been trying to find a thread about swapping the C heads on the 99 but cant. anyone got some input or know where to look?

whiteponygt

Swapping c heads onto the 99 it should come with c head.like Bill said u already will have the irs.you will have a poor mans terminator.