• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member from new mexico

What's going on guys I've been checking out you're site for a few months this is my first post getting ready to start on my project. I've always wanted a foxbody mainly the 90 through 93 styles but at the same time my buddy had a t-top Camaro in high school and I always liked the ttops. So I decided to make a frankenstang I have a 83 mustang with the front end and rear bumper of a 92. It has a tired 5.0 and a t-5 that's on its last shift. My doner car is a 96 that I built in 2005 it's a 96 gt 2v with ported and polished pi heads, cams, 4:10 gears, t45 out of a cobra(pretty sure the trannys are the same) long tube headers, h pipe, mac dumps, nitrous express 125 wet shot, cobra wheels, pretty much all the bolt ons. When the car ran good it dynod 412hp and 496lb ft of torque. Long story short I let my step brother borrow it and he over heated and popped the motor. So the cars just sat there for like 5 years. know I never really planned on fixing it till I found my ttop mustang and saw how many parts swap over. My plans for the car is to build a street/strip mustang something that pulls hard bare bones no a/c maybe a radio no back seats just two nice Recaro racing seats with a cage. I have a buddy that's going to help me rebuild the 2v motor going carbed e85. Still not sure on what power adder I want to use, either nitrous or turbo with a blowthrough carb. All decide before the rebuild so I can figure out the compression ratio. So all be swapping over the 2v motor, tranny, rear end, brakes, I'd like to use the dash from the 96 as well except I'm going to use my own gages. Looking forward to getting as much info as I can on here there's a wealth of knowledge on here.

dccd056a5d5daeba1813764a69f6e172.jpg

68b7225e80de11901fc0c84a69ee0848.jpg

1ec2a311be8ab92197d794db0c145b86.jpg

cb36cedf600747328868455e6493e609.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
It looks like you have a pretty good place to start. Welcome to the party.