• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

newb from pa.

ken

I'm looking to put a 4v mark III engine in my 85' convertible. Still unsure on a lot of things i.e. standard or auto trans. Plus the car needs an interior. Plus I may just put a roof on it an make it a coupe!! Since I have a nice 83' convertible also. I had an 86' coupe that I sold an could kick myself everyday for selling it.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Ken, welcome to the board. Make yourself at home and dig in. There is a ton if information on the site plus people that can answer 99% of your questions or point you in the right direction. I have an 86 vert. 85/86 are my favorite of the Fox Mustangs. The interior isn't such a bad issue. I understand rust free coupes are hard to come by in PA. What part of PA are you in? Have you decided what you want the car to be able to do? Nosey people want to know :)

ken

Ken, welcome to the board. Make yourself at home and dig in. There is a ton if information on the site plus people that can answer 99% of your questions or point you in the right direction. I have an 86 vert. 85/86 are my favorite of the Fox Mustangs. The interior isn't such a bad issue. I understand rust free coupes are hard to come by in PA. What part of PA are you in? Have you decided what you want the car to be able to do? Nosey people want to know :)
Oh dont

Last edited by a moderator:

ken

Thanks Bill!!! I right smack in the middle of Pa. I live about 5 mile from beaver springs dragway. Im basically puttin this car together for a friday night street racer at bsd. I have a bunch of parts gathered up for the car except an engine. I was gonna go with a big block or a cleveland. But figured it was time to do something a little more modern. So I was thinkin a 4.6 4v with maybe a small turbo. Nothing wild, just something to tinker with.

Last edited:

Bill

Staff member
Donator
the 4valve is a fun motor to play with at the strip or on the street. A convertible is actually pretty easy to build for the strip from a chassis perspective, as you have such easy access to everything. I have seen a couple of convertibles made into removable hardtops out on the west coast, but have never seen one on the Atlantic side. You can find a rusty coupe, cut the top off, use parts from the convertible top (latches and seals), and create the removable top. Take it off for the strip or a nice cruise night. There are tons of options for the drag strip. If you go with one of the newer automatic transmissions, you can use a programmable paddle shifter like the Shrifter from Twist Machine. That gives you both hands to wrangle the beast down the track. There are plenty of bare-bones interior options for the drag strip as well. The Lincoln four valve comes with the Teksid block, but a cast crank. There are plenty of new and used forged cranks out there and you have your choice of compression ratios as well. Head/cam/intake choices are plenty, so read a lot and build something that suites you. There is a decent article on here that will tell you about some of the bottom end options for the four valve.

ken

the 4valve is a fun motor to play with at the strip or on the street. A convertible is actually pretty easy to build for the strip from a chassis perspective, as you have such easy access to everything. I have seen a couple of convertibles made into removable hardtops out on the west coast, but have never seen one on the Atlantic side. You can find a rusty coupe, cut the top off, use parts from the convertible top (latches and seals), and create the removable top. Take it off for the strip or a nice cruise night. There are tons of options for the drag strip. If you go with one of the newer automatic transmissions, you can use a programmable paddle shifter like the Shrifter from Twist Machine. That gives you both hands to wrangle the beast down the track. There are plenty of bare-bones interior options for the drag strip as well. The Lincoln four valve comes with the Teksid block, but a cast crank. There are plenty of new and used forged cranks out there and you have your choice of compression ratios as well. Head/cam/intake choices are plenty, so read a lot and build something that suites you. There is a decent article on here that will tell you about some of the bottom end options for the four valve.

ken

Yeah I thought about converting it into a 2 seat roadster! Lol A lot of possibilities!! I get some time off after christmas an the weather holds out I'm gonna do some junkyard surfing. Just to see whats laying around.