• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie Cape Town South Africa

Bird 455

Hi guys.... I'm new to the forum. I'm from Cape Town. My project is a Ford GT40 replica with the navi 4v. Its twin turbo with the SDS em-5 controller. I will post pics as soon as I clean her up. The car has not started up as we still busy finishing the rear frame.

Cheers

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Sounds like fun. Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing your toy. Are you using a full kit, or a body kit and a fabricated chassis? What transmission did you choose? I assume you are using something like the MSD to go with the SDS unit (unless you're using the F model). The SDS unit can be a bit Spartan (I think I read somewhere that they offer sensor diagnostics and data logging now), but is very durable and is flexible enough to give you a great little racer.

Bird 455

Thanks Bill! The SDS was sent with a msd dis-4 for coil on plug. The box I went with is the O1E 311c with the wide first gear. It will hold but not for long! The car is a kcc kit that was a runner when I bought her. I didn't know the modular was so bloody huge so the frame needed extension. Hope these pics work....

d80669bb4aae210195532e82b8b4ba52.jpg

I will update pics as we get along!
9feb7fe035593be92822cd50e22c9785.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes the modular engines are quite large. I agree that Porsche gear box should hold up for a while, depending on what reality is for the driving cycle of the car. The MSD system should install nicely. The harnesses aren't very long, but are easily stretched if you need the to be longer. The two DIS-4 boxes are not as vibration and heat proof as MSD would like you to believe, so I suggest good insulation/ventilation and vibration isolation just for the sake of longevity. This is easily accomplished at this stage in your build, so I don't think that will give you any trouble. Looks like an awesome project. Post up lots of pics when you get the chance.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I am curious what a KCC kit costs in Cape Town. I would assume it was between 50,000R and 200,000R depending on how complete it was and what engine was powering it. I could be way off. I've only seen a couple of KCC kits, as they aren't very common here in the US.

Bird 455

Hi guys, since cable TV things have changed drastically here in South Africa. A GT40 by any of the kit car centre's will sell close to ZAR 1 Mill. A kit depending on transaxle and motor will range from R300k to around R600k. There are many unfinished projects advertised however.

Thanks for the heads up with regards to the msd!
I will start posting more pics next week.

Pony white there is stands under the frame! Those batteries were just to temporarily position the wheels.

Cheers guys

whiteponygt

I figured there was a reason,any who keep the pics coming.I like to see something different for a change.