• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hipoman

hey! Great site & great timing. 2 days on this site & found info i've scouring the web for. Its hard to find complete info.
I have 3 mod projects at different levels.
#1 98 F150 4.6 2v 5speed with a blown headgasket & bad plug hole. Pulling engine & trans. (New clutch needed ) thismwill be my first mod to tear into. I,m converting to PI heads and intake. I have 2 sets of windsor PI heads & truck PI intake. It'll be fun!
#2 my brothers 96gt. We have a teksid & the 2nd set of windsor PI heads. The car is a 5sp & will be on the street but raced also. Will be around 10:1 compression . with the info on this site it will be a better engine & faster car.
#3 84gt t-top. This will be strictly a strip car. Its a stick car with 12 point cage & a lot of other goodies. I have another teksid block for it. It should be fun.

Looking forward to hearing ideas on these .
thanks

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Helicoil the head on the F150. It isn't hard and will stand up to daily beatings just fine. It is a common problem on these engines.
this link is for a 5.4, but the process is the same. Now, on the back right corner of an E150...complete PITA. There are lots of vids online. The Teksid 2V conversion with PI heads will pep that 96 Gt up like taking a fat lady off the nose. We'll probably talk a lot about that build. Take lots of pics.

hipoman

It already had a dorman repair in it. The conversion with the increase in torque & hp is what i'm looking at. Also a great practice for the other ones I'll be doing.

hipoman

I allready see on the f150 PI intake the tube for the heater core comes out the front. I'll use that years hose. I will have to drill & tap a hole for the temp sensor on thefront crossover. It already has the one for the temp switch.