• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project Insanity

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
So i assume the no crank was a ground issue, glad you got it going, congrats. Do me a favor on the CCRM whats the part number and the bigger letter on yours, i want to know if its the same as mine im having some funky issues right now with mine, thanks

Spdjunky

sweet !!

Which radiator hose did you use, GT or cobra?

Does anyone know the how much hood clearance a 87-93 hood has with the 99-02 cobra or Mach intake

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
4.10's are good but i dont like them for the t-45 i am running 1 st gears it almost useless sometime

Bobby Amato

Well this isn't going to be a daily driver. More like a weekend warrior. Plus these 4v's rev to 7k not 6k like the 5 ohs haha. I'll let you guys know. If it's really bad I'll save for a 6spd :)

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
Everyone says 4.10 or lower but man i dont know maybe 3.90 but i think 3.73 would be a great set up for a daily driver. I just want a good driver for the weekend car shows we have in my home town. Shows every fourth saturday of the month from April thru October, like a thousand cars or so show up, Horsepower TV even comes down one month out of it and hangs out. They give a muscle car away every year. Pretty nice shows every time.

Bobby Amato

I started on the rear end today after all of my yard work was complete. I have to say this is the dirtiest, nastiest car I've ever worked on. When I pulled the axle out today it was like someone had drug it through oily mud. This picture was after scraping off 5lbs of shit.

nastyrearend_zpsa6247ef1.jpg

I loaded it up in the truck and took it to the pressure washer with some purple power. Even after that I had to wire brush it again and I still can't get all of the shit off of this thing :lol:

Anyway I pulled the drums off and there was virtually no brake shoes left at all. I'm swapping out the drums for some turbo coupe disc brakes anyway, so no big deal. I knocked out the bushings in the housing, or should I say they just about fell out. They were uneven in the axle to begin with, so they must have been moving around in the housing when cornering etc.

I'm going to order some parts and get the 4.30 gears installed. I don't have the money to upgrade axles and diff at this time, so that will have to wait.

More progress pics coming tomorrow.

Capri_gt

How do you plan on using turbo coupe discs with the five lug rear end? I gotta ask as I dont quite get that one.

Bobby Amato

Everyone says 4.10 or lower but man i dont know maybe 3.90 but i think 3.73 would be a great set up for a daily driver. I just want a good driver for the weekend car shows we have in my home town. Shows every fourth saturday of the month from April thru October, like a thousand cars or so show up, Horsepower TV even comes down one month out of it and hangs out. They give a muscle car away every year. Pretty nice shows every time.

Seems to me that the vast majority say to go with 4.30's. Especially for a non daily driver. I will have to see for myself. :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/sn95-cobras-24/345731-what-gears-96-98-cobra.html

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I started on the rear end today after all of my yard work was complete. I have to say this is the dirtiest, nastiest car I've ever worked on. When I pulled the axle out today it was like someone had drug it through oily mud. This picture was after scraping off 5lbs of shit.

nastyrearend_zpsa6247ef1.jpg

I loaded it up in the truck and took it to the pressure washer with some purple power. Even after that I had to wire brush it again and I still can't get all of the shit off of this thing :lol:

Anyway I pulled the drums off and there was virtually no brake shoes left at all. I'm swapping out the drums for some turbo coupe disc brakes anyway, so no big deal. I knocked out the bushings in the housing, or should I say they just about fell out. They were uneven in the axle to begin with, so they must have been moving around in the housing when cornering etc.

I'm going to order some parts and get the 4.30 gears installed. I don't have the money to upgrade axles and diff at this time, so that will have to wait.

More progress pics coming tomorrow.
Bobby, will axles and deferential from the shelby fit in that 8.8?