• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

ready to go modular part 3

whiteponygt

Not much progress happening,been a sad week I had to sell my terminator :(.but I did make enough money from it to buy my 03 seat cover from late model. AlSo borrowing the idea from corral I made a bracket to mount sn ignition switch to Fox steering column. Will be installing it tomorrow .

whiteponygt

Pretty easy and straight forward on the ignition switch "swap". If anyone else gives it a try give me a holla explain better.

whiteponygt

So from the get go I was dead set on running the sn dash then after time I changed my mind after I had already welded in the bearing plate and everything.so now that I have decided to go Fox interior I have everything done but the steering shaft ,everyone knows using thE Fox rack it's coming up short so curious if anyone has tried this,I'm using the sn rack so I'm trying to mate the two shafts .IMAG0401.jpg im going to try and switch the Fox end onto the adjustable sn shaft.I crushed the cap the first time around have another laying around so I'll let ya know if it works when I done.

whiteponygt

ok so here it is me and a buddy started yesterday on attempt number 2 . I have to install and make sure everything hooks up but so far so good.20150128_171508.jpg

whiteponygt

Also forgot to add bought a nice set of black door panels from corral. My donor cast had crank Windows and were in a Lil rough shape.

whiteponygt

Well..... Installed the steering shaft and fit like a charm hooked right up no issues,the wheels turns perfectly no binding of any sort. not a bad way to save 200.00lIMAG0406.jpg IMAG0405.jpg

whiteponygt

So parts are finally starting to get here snagged a nice set of door panels for the white pony.still waiting on my seat covers.15-30 days is turning into a long time.

Attachments

• 001-20150128-115104437.jpg
    001-20150128-115104437.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 66

whiteponygt

These kits from tmi are were made. I will say they are a tight fit but if I can squeeze a Dohc in a fox, I think I can get these seat covers over the new foam.

whiteponygt

I'd get more done on this car if I'd quit buying crap. But did alright 93 original 5.0 speed coupe roller,in need of some love but only gave 900 he even gave me the 5 speed to go with it.the car is took apart but after I dug into it everything was in baggies and labelled. Makes my life a Lil easier

Attachments

• IMAG0471.jpg
    IMAG0471.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0469.jpg
    IMAG0469.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66

whiteponygt

So not much to report on the car dug it back out to work on it. This close to being done,but to be honest just burned out on it. Took the computer to the tuner to have it flashed and the car won't start.Took it back and now it's doing the same exact thing my original computer was doing will purge fuel pump start but no pump after that. I'm starting to question his abilities,let's see if he works with me to get it right. I'll post more soon as I call him tomorrow.

whiteponygt

After 3 trips back and forth to the tuner he finally got it right I put the computer in and she fired right up. So spent the night buttoning up lose ends while the dash was out. Hopefully this will be the last time I have it out. Aside from switching the rear ends and putting the seats in the car,it's time to tag her for the rd.

Loved the write up. I am in the process of gathering parts I need to swap a 98 cobra crate motor in my 88 fox. I have all wiring harnesses from a 96 cobra that I will be using. Not looking forward to the wiring nightmare though.

whiteponygt

Wirings sucks but it's not that bad. My main problem was I wanted all the fancy craps from the 96 cobra keyless entry one touch Windows.when u get started I have a service wiribg Manuel for the cobra and the fox so if u need any diagrams let me know

whiteponygt

I was the same way at first but I'm worse then a damn woman about changing my mind.I see something cool on someone else's thread and be like I wanted that.so I guess what I'm saying is plan aheadamd stick with it , it will save u a lot of time later

whiteponygt

Well dug the car out of storage to do some more work on it again. Not much progress yet just finishing up interior still I did get a different hood forIMAG0539.jpg the car.