• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sept 1015 a decent pass at the strip

Speedtospare

Quick run down. 93 coupe, Mach 1 engine, Eaton swap @ 9psi, x-pipe with cats and flowemasters, all 2.5 inch using stock manifolds, T56, built rear with 4.10 gears, slicks, coilovers. I'm still working on the suspension as its not hooking very well as seen in the video. Should run very low 11 once its figured out. there cars suffer fraom heat saturation very bad. I will be making a ice box in the trunk for the intercooler. This pass I went 11.50@121.8 sleeping at the tree.

12074776_10153543989660470_8267275067787644622_n.jpg

Speedtospare

Yep. Should have been an 11.20 pass. With the ice cooler and a few little other tricks I want to break into the 10's. That will be the limit of the motor.

Speedtospare

Are you running 93 octane or race gas with the eaton swap? Any detonation issues?

Car is tuned for 91 octane. I have a good tuner. I have had no problems at all. We keep it a little rich up top just to make sure we avoid detonation. I also dont run the knock sensors

Speedtospare

Thanks. Had way too much pressure in the slicks. Changed from drag radials to slicks. Would have won that if it was a clean pass. Friends vette with a 400ci stroker so it was ok losing to him.