• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SN-95 dash in a fox

Bill

Staff member
Donator
The pics are very nice. What did you use as a template to determine where/how to position the steering shaft bearing.

myers407

Staff member
mustangwork001.jpg
I know on mine I mesured form post to post and found the center of the car and then did the same for the dash. I marked thsi with a sharpie. As for the steering shaft you can install the dash and bolt up the steering to locate the bearing. Or do like I did and replace the compleat panel by drilling out the spot welds and replacing it. But be ready for a good bit of work for this method.
mustangwork003.jpg
mustangwork010.jpg

David

I found it easier just replacing the panel.on the firewall since I used everything from the donor car...makes things a whole lot easier once it is in place, the correct place I should say. If you don't have that bearing in the right spot...you will.never get the engine in as it will not clear the header/exhaust manifold...great job by the way

VNMSGT

If I drill out mine on the fox and drill out the one on my donor 97, do the holes line up so all I have to do is rivet the new plate to the fox firewall?

modulistic

ugh, im terrified to start this swap. I have the car put together and starting everytime, I just need to finish the interior. Are you guys separating the dash pad from the frame to do this, or trying to cram the whole assembly in there and meausuring? I suppose I can make a template out of the cars dash profile and try to cut it off the sn95 dash.... or I can take the profile of the old dash and compare it to the new dash. the pad has to mate to the frame, so that isnt going to change, but I guess I need to trim the dashpad and then modify the frame to sit flush with how the dash wants to sit in the interior. I guess I just need to grab my nuts and start cutting.

whiteponygt

Agreed on the card board,I cut the s n dash had mine in and changed my mind and went with fox dash, so make a card board template and small cuts you can't put it back ones it's gone.

modulistic

OK, I've made the cardboard template. Getting the frame in, is this how you guys are doing it? Do I cut and weld the top brackets? Then bend the frame in/out depending on how the dash meets the console?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes, adjust the brackets where you need them. Once the dash is cut, the frame brackets will have to be adjusted to make the dash fit properly against all the little pita nooks and crannies of the firewall and A-pillars. I think you are on the right track, but remember the cut dash is the one that has to fit. The frame is the one that can be adjusted and will be out of sight. :)

Will Daly

Swapfox
I have my firewall cut (I think!!!) and my plate held in with the hydroboost/pedal assembly. too scared to weld into place until the interior is fit in.
-89 t-top notch
- 03 Terminator IRS swap
-(Soon to be)99 cobra interior
-(soon to be)gen 2 coyote with mt-82 trans