• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

using a tr6060?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I haven't anyone on here using one but me and a buddy of mine who is a big camaro enthusist was wondering if it would work. I honestly dont know curious to see other members feedback.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If it would be cheaper that a T56 setup i say go for it, but if its close to the same or more i would go with the T56 IMO all comes down to personal preference.

Zvines1290

yea but finding a t56 right now around in houston isnt easy so i jumped on the tr6060 everyone was telling me its a way better feel. but i never used or tried either or?

Zvines1290

487.76 if you buy it through mcleod and part number is 14-330-04

but the wiring is what get to me. im wondering if the vss signal is the same as the t56?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
I read the bellhousing will bolt to mod motor 4.6 or 5.4 but i dont know of anyone that has done it. But this interesting me in a big way, because i dont know what the price of the the tr6060 here have never priced them but the absolute cheapest i have seen a t56 go for where i live was about 1800 bucks thats complete swap ( clutch, pressure plate, fork, etc. ) I would say if you proceed with this project and could pull it off reasonably cheap you would have a lot of interest on here. Good luck!!!!!!

Speedtospare

I paid 1300.00 shipped for my T56 (12K miles) and included the aluminum driveshaft. I used a Centerforce DFX to replace the stock one. Add $20 for the spring mod for the reverse lockout.

Zvines1290

the guy i bought it from wanted 2300 but he came into some issues so i paid 1700 for the tr6060 it came with a adjustable driveshaft (brand new brand name is DENNY?), short shifter, gt500 knob and a gt500 flywheel. it wasnt a bad deal. and the cheapest t56 i found was about $2000.

im just hoping the driveshaft will fit?

Zvines1290

Hey guys just a little update since the tr6060 has a hydraulic clutch set-up i'm having to go with a mcleod hydraulic clutch part number 14-330-04