• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Very IMPORTANT 4V SWAP Info I researched...

modularf

92whiteCoupe.jpg
4vswap2.jpg
how hard of a swap was it? did you have to change fuel lines, brake lines?

I ran all new fuel lines using the recommended Aeromotive parts & line sizes.... -10 from the A1000 pump to -8 for the rails, and a -6 return. I ran some -10 size (5/8) hard line to help tuck it away. The -10 hose is more than 3/4 O.D. and can't make very tight bends.

I converted to manual brakes and steering.... didn't want the complication or the weight of hydroboost, but I may go back on that. The manual steering is fine, but the manual brakes suck so far. I'll fiddle with the bias, but I don't like it so far. Just some minor tubing bending to plumb the master cylinder.

What were the major issues involved in the swap? Which K-member did u use?
AJE K-member and A-arms. No issues except that I had to make some spacers to move the steering rack away from the K-member. No big deal, BUT....I bought both from AJE to to avoid that kinda crap!

did you go with coilovers with the AJE stuff???? Also what headers did you go with if any????
have coilovers. I got some used 1-3/4 Kooks off of a 2004 Cobra. Fit real nice. Only had to do minor clearancing for the steering shaft.

If you do go to hydroboost from the manual brakes, how is that going to work since your not using power steering?

I am about to do a similar swap, but already have a manual rack and figured I have not choice but to go manual brakes since the hydroboost runs off the power steering.

modularf

If you do go to hydroboost from the manual brakes, how is that going to work since your not using power steering?

I am about to do a similar swap, but already have a manual rack and figured I have not choice but to go manual brakes since the hydroboost runs off the power steering.

If I am not mistaken that is the only way to go.. If you have manual rack system.

I converted to manual brakes and steering.... didn't want the complication or the weight of hydroboost, but I may go back on that. The manual steering is fine, but the manual brakes suck so far. I'll fiddle with the bias, but I don't like it so far. Just some minor tubing bending to plumb the master cylinder.

So your going to power steering if you decide to go to power brakes?

myers407

Staff member
Just a thought on this but all the steering rack is a compleation of the fluid loop. Simply bypass it and see what happens.

87_notchfox

justr another notch among the rest...
Donator
sweet looking ride almost looks like mine if mine was painted and clean like that one lol...

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 84

vortech01cobra

Ok fellas, ive got a 2001 cobra with a vortech , soild rear axle ect... An whats going to be need for the fuel system! im wanting to do a swap to a fox.. can someone please help me out on what i will need, what kinda money im going to throw at it ect.. please get back to me ASAP!

Thanks Eddie.

Speedtospare

Fuel system for the 99 cobra should be easy. Just swap all the fuel over or convert to a return style for the fox. Even the gas tank bolt in with a little mode to the filler neck.

87_notchfox

Donator
the sn-95 arms are like a inch longer and the solid axle is like 3/4 - 1 wider while the irs rear end is a bit wider well it seems like it because i have to get my fenders really rolled hard to clear it and the 275...but with patients u can swap over everything

Speedtospare

the sn-95 arms are like a inch longer and the solid axle is like 3/4 - 1 wider while the irs rear end is a bit wider well it seems like it because i have to get my fenders really rolled hard to clear it and the 275...but with patients u can swap over everything

SN95 rear is 3/4" per side or 1.5" total wider than the fox. The housing is the same, but the axles are longer due to the abs. You can use a 9.5" wide rims with a 7" backspacing or a 10" rim with 7.25-7.5 backspacing to fit the big tires. I run a 275/40/17 MT drag radial on a 9.5" rim and I have tons of room.

87_notchfox

Donator
well i dont...mine rubs hard lol...maybe with aftermarket wheels it might be different

Speedtospare

my fender lips are rolled just in case. Mine didn't need to be rolled but I though I would rather spend 2 hours rolling the lips than cutting $500 drag radials.