• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are the advantages of a Teksid engine block?

rattman

hi forum, starting research on a 4.6 2v build. trying to find info on the TEKSID block over the cast iron other than weight. i know that the lincoln mk 8 has the block, but does the NAVIGATOR also use that block? thanks for your input

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Welcome to the site. You'll find that there is a great deal of information out there about the Teksid block. It is significantly stronger than all the other early 4.6 blocks. From my perspective and building experience, weight savings and strength (of a properly prepared block) are the two big advantages. Cost of the build compared to some others is also nice.

massacre

Donator
Pretty sure Navigator is 5.4
Teksid is strongest aluminum 4.6 factory block.
WAP is not as strong, but 15lb lighter than Teksid

massacre

Donator
Another point-
Teksid block has knock sensor bosses in the valley, and some other protrusions that need to be ground off to install 03-04 Cobra lower intake.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
There is a great deal out there about the Navigator engines. In the first and second gen Navigators, there were two different variants of the 5.4 V8, the Triton and the InTech. I've never used either as a basis for the aluminum 2-valve build. I suppose you could use the heads off the Triton on the block from the InTech. If you decide to go that route, we would love to see some tech on it.

Last edited: