• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What rear differential gear do you recommend for the 4.6L?

hipoman

My brothers 96 GT has the 4:10 gear. It really needed that at the strip & its not bad for the street either. Its his daily driver. 4:30s are not a bad way to go either on a N/A pig like his. If he was just hitting the strip & occasinal street 4:88s at least would have improved his 60'.

bc474

Donator
I will just try these 3.73s out and see if I need more. No way I would use 4.88s in a street car but I do have some in the closet. I tried to put them in my old 1/8th mile coupe years ago but the cross-pin would not go back in. It was hitting the teeth on the ring gear. I think you have to have a spool to run those.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
the 3.73s will be a good all around choice for you ride. It will give you plenty of pep without sacrificing too much on the upper end. You won't set the drag strip on fire, but you should be respectable.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
I will just try these 3.73s out and see if I need more. No way I would use 4.88s in a street car but I do have some in the closet. I tried to put them in my old 1/8th mile coupe years ago but the cross-pin would not go back in. It was hitting the teeth on the ring gear. I think you have to have a spool to run those.
You should ride in my shelby :)