• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Which harness?

Coupeman

I am looking to swap a 4v into my 87 coupe. I have an opportunity to buy a built engine. So I was wondering do I have to use the harness and ECM out of a 4v car or can I use a gt harness from 96-04

I ran the Detail Zone wiring harness which the stock mustang computer plugs right into. Worked perfect and its very neat.
Im actually changing to Holley Dominator so let me know if your interested in buying my old set up. Its in excellent condition. Have everything you will need, Detail Zone , all labeled wiring, 2001 mach1 computer, even have coils etc. I can send pics if this would help?

thanks

Last edited:

BDvs

It would be best to have the engine harness and ecu for the 4 valve and buy a Dunnrite ecu harness to wire it up. I Highly recommend a Dunnrite harness or a Detail zone harness like Peterlocal22 recommended.

benstein IBC

I ran the Detail Zone wiring harness which the stock mustang computer plugs right into. Worked perfect and its very neat.
Im actually changing to Holley Dominator so let me know if your interested in buying my old set up. Its in excellent condition. Have everything you will need, Detail Zone , all labeled wiring, 2001 mach1 computer, even have coils etc. I can send pics if this would help?

thanks
im doing a 96 cobra to 92 foxbody with stock foxbody dashboard will this work?

Does anyone know the difference between the 96-98 cobra harness and the 99-04 harness? I don't have an ecu yet, not even a factory ecu for my fox. Looking at the companies that sell harnesses and just trying to figure somethings out.

Does anyone know the difference between the 96-98 cobra harness and the 99-04 harness? I don't have an ecu yet, not even a factory ecu for my fox. Looking at the companies that sell harnesses and just trying to figure somethings out.

Disregard, my last question. Looks like difference is coil on plug..