• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 GT w/Terminator Swap

john mac

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376015085.540800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376015341.185112.jpg

mosly stock build, planning on putting the miles on her.. all street with a/c. ported eaton, dunne rite performance harness, built 4r70w. stock 03 k member with PA performance chromoly spring cup fox length control arms. glenns performance fox body fuel tank to house 03 04 dual cobra pumps. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376015685.103027.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1376015801.162748.jpg the old setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

john mac

thanks man! hopefully it wont be too long before i can finish her.. i have everything for the swap, besides the tranny, but, its in the freight companies hands now.

john mac

will do sir! man i hope everything gets here in one or two pieces.. haha ive had tons of stuff freighted to me and have had good luck thus far!

john mac

bought these wheels for the fox. 2008 gt50kr 18x9.5.
uhagadeg.jpg

how she currently looks..
8ygy8e3e.jpg

Red93stang

Nice fox John! I'll be paying close attention to your build. I'm doing the same build as you know and I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you. Are you going to be running the fox interior?

john mac

hey bud, yea ill be using the fox interior, down to the ol aod shifter. only non oem interior will be the gauge cluster, going with mc machine cluster with autometer's and a innovate g2 wide band. 03 cobra a/c evaporator and a set of Mercedes Benz front seats i made brackets for.
4y2u9ezy.jpg
any questions man, just ask. ill post pics and whats going on as i progress. its mostly 100 degrees plus during most the day out here in west texas, so its brutal doing anything out in the shop!

john mac

what i should have said was fox/sn95 hybrid. used a fox evap and had a ac shop tig weld the cobra evap fittings on. making sure the bends are clocked correctly for the accumulator/hose connections. ive read where the cobra evap will fit, but you have to "clearance a few small places.
ububume5.jpg
here is a pic where a guy clearanced his firewall for the cobra evap and heater core. not sure if it is necessary or not.. some guys use the sn95 heater box, but the easiest way, for me was just make a hybrid evap and call it a day.

Red93stang

Thanks! I was looking at mine last night and I came to that conclusion as well. I'm going to take it tomorrow to a local mod shop to have him modify the evap connections.

john mac

y2uvybyr.jpg
well i got the transmission yesterday from the shipping company! sweet! now just waiting on some custom supercharger work. since my last posts, i have changed the blower of choice.. i have purchased a 2014 gt500 tvs unit.
ugemura8.jpg
and also upgraded to the ford gt pumps and modified fpdm. cant wait!!
vyquju5y.jpg
and got the gauges wired up as well! :)

Svt Fox

Staff member
Why not relocate the accumulator under the passenger side fender and run custom lines?

john mac

true, if i didnt already have the dash back in and mostly complete, i would relocate it to the inner fender. maybe next time, good idea! well a friend
of mine and my brother gave me a couple extra hands to keep from scratching anything with the install. here are some pics!
y4a6adeh.jpg
eva3evu6.jpg
8y4aby9e.jpg
aje5enyj.jpg
gatemyqy.jpg

most of the underbody stuff is finished, only thing i lack is the driveshaft. wiring for the US Shift trans controller is finished, along with dunne rite's harness and instrument cluster. now to work on mounting and hooking up the radiator, condenser, PS cooler, trans cooler and HE. need to order electric fans of some sort. and get the blower back from the machinist!

john mac

2ehemy5a.jpg

pushed her out of my airplane hangar today to wash her off! a little dusty from being parked in there for the past 3 years. waiting on blower and driveshaft now! last two pieces of the puzzle!
y6ezare8.jpg
hy6ebery.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I like the looks of the piece holding the radiator. Did you fab it or buy it?