• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 GT w/Terminator Swap

john mac

the 3 years includes several different combo's. one was a fully built 5.0 with aod set up but i wasn't happy with it after i got my 03 10th anny cobra, so the mod swap was in order. ive been putting this modular swap together for the past 8 months.

99 big red

Ah I see, I've had my mod motor for about a year but it's been in my garage and the coupe is at my dads. Been doing alot of body work and drinking. I guess that's why mine has taken this long. Lol

99 big red

I'm going with a 03/04 cobra motor. About 10k miles on it.

It had a 2.7 upper and that's pretty much it
Tranny is a 4r70w with trans brake , manual valve body, 3500-4000 stall.

There's a bunch of other crap that's involve but that's the meat of it.

john mac

sweet! do you have pictures of your project? mine has a little over 25k miles, i cant wait to see how this 04 terminator motor feels behind my 4r70w! ive been catchin a lot of BS over going auto, but i dont care! its gonna be legit. what kind of power are you looking at? how long till completion?

john mac

urynu3am.jpg
updated dash, finished with interior!

99 big red

sweet! do you have pictures of your project? mine has a little over 25k miles, i cant wait to see how this 04 terminator motor feels behind my 4r70w! ive been catchin a lot of BS over going auto, but i dont care! its gonna be legit. what kind of power are you looking at? how long till completion?

Yeah I prefer an auto. Power? I have to schedule a dyno day for it. I'm in Texas and tuners are limited. I plan to have it finished by Dec.

I like those gauges. I wanted to do something like that but I already had the 03 cluster so I'm gonna fit that guy in there. Ill be putting up a build thread soon.

john mac

sounds good man! ill keep an eye out for the thread! where at in texas? im out in west tex by midland. i go to dallas mustang for my dyno time.

99 big red

sounds good man! ill keep an eye out for the thread! where at in texas? im out in west tex by midland. i go to dallas mustang for my dyno time.

I'm in south Texas. Harlingen.

I was working in midland last year well actually Tarzan.
I might have to take it to Murillo in SA.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Do you have an engine harness that you could strip the AC wires out of?

rusqtsi

no i do not and i have looked at junkyards. will any from other years work? or do i have to make one up

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Does your 88 harness still have the pigtail under the dash, or just the receiver plug?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
All of my fox books are in a box in storage, so I can't tell you exactly. If you have a wiring diagram for the harness you are planning to use, you should be able to isolate the wires for the AC and add them to the existing loom in the car. I know that is a easier said than done, but that is the route I have always taken when combining harnesses. The harness work is more of a PITA than it is technically difficult, assuming you have diagrams you can follow. It is a bit time consuming. I laid the last one out on the kitchen table (my wife was pissed) and spent two days repining and adding what I needed to make things work. I will be doing it again on my current project later in the spring. Blue painter's tape and a sharpie are my preferred marking tools. You can lay an entire body harness, door harnesses, engine harness, etc. out in about an hour with a heat gun to make them relax a bit. Then it is just a matter of figuring out what you have, what you don't, and what you want to do to get there. A second set of eyes and a cold sixpack are also good help. I would swear that someone on the site posted that they have the diagrams in digital format, but I haven't been able to find them yet. When I moved this last time, all that stuff except my 99 Cobra books went into a box.

rusqtsi

you were not supposed to box the books. didnt you know someone out there was going to need them? lol

i dont have the pigtail for the 89 compressor.. that went with the engine when it was sold.. I did find a 89 pigtail harness on ron francis website.
http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FH-033 however i dont think is the same as in the cobra compressor

FH-033-Md.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: