• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 Vert Fox

FoxZilla405

Donator
We had to go to pick and pull and get a donor cowl panel for this little guy...plus next pic ill show my rear floor pans that are rusted out...the original owner was from michigan (road salt)..and it a convertible...im sure its been rained in a time or two...PhillsMustang010.jpgPhillsMustang009.jpg

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Did I understand from the pics that you are planning to use the back seat of the coupe in the vert?

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. I am planning on converting mine from 86 spec to 93 spec, but if it isn't a great deal more work, I have really nice black leather in the back of my 99 Cobra donor. I think the back seats are the fold down time, so that might present a different set of problems. Either way, it will be at least 6 months before I'm ready to tackle that part of the install.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
That's awesome news for me. Post up a link or two. I would love to use the stuff out of the Cobra, and if someone else has already done the detail work on the little bits and parts (seat belts trim, etc.) so much the better.

myers407

Staff member
Bill is yours a vert? If so you will need the belts from a vert. They are made to come over the back of the seat. I am planning on having to fab some brackets but nothing major.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Yes, its an '86 Vert. I was looking on ebay and there is a guy that sells the brackets to mount the retractor, but I haven't seen if they are the same for a coupe and a vert. I'm putting in power windows as well and I've seen that they make it a tight fit for the front seat belt retractors, but haven't event tried to figure out the back ones yet. I still need to pick up the driver's side rear seat belt. I have the right side. I figure that will be the one of the later parts of the build.

myers407

Staff member
Bill I can tell you that the coop and vert belt brackets are different. My doner was a vert and the Fox a hatch. Not even close but with a bit of thought and creative welding I'm sure it cna be done. Ill keep you updated as we go.

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like a dead beat, you guys get stuff done FAST its took me two years to get my car where it is. I need to get on the ball.