• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1988 Vert Fox

FoxZilla405

Donator
well we made it to the rear seat install...the back part fit great!!! seat cushion will have to be cut down and stitched back up....
Did I understand from the pics that you are planning to use the back seat of the co

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Is it because it is a coupe seat, or just the SN95? I've been looking at using the back seat from an SN95 vert, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet. I think the convertible is several inches narrower (from what I can tell in pictures). I would love to see pics of what you've done.

FoxZilla405

Donator
it is because it is a coupe seat...myers407 has one out of a vert and it fits perfectly...coupe is approx 16 inches too long..im just gonna rip seam, cut foam and have apolstry shop re-sew...easier than finding a vert seat for less than an arm..

Is it because it is a coupe seat, or just the SN95? I've been looking at using the back seat from an SN95 vert, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on one yet. I think the convertible is several inches narrower (from what I can tell in pictures). I would love to see pics of what you've done.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
I expect to lose the arm. I want to match the black leather coming out of my 99 Cobra parts car.

FoxZilla405

Donator
I expect to lose the arm. I want to match the black leather coming out of my 99 Cobra parts car.
if you have the matching coupe black leather just undo seams around seat..cut foam and then have upholstry shop sew it back..they can stretch and it will look like it was supposed to be that way

FoxZilla405

Donator
SO does anyone know when you turn key on and dash is supposed to come on, guages do their sweep, then you start and it is fine...mine when you turn key on I get nothing for about 3 seconds then after i crank and it runs for a few seconds then it wont do sweep but needle will come up to idle where it is supposed to be....from what ive seen when key comes on it is supposed to do needle sweeps THEN go back to idle...any ideas? Thanks in advance...

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
SO does anyone know when you turn key on and dash is supposed to come on, guages do their sweep, then you start and it is fine...mine when you turn key on I get nothing for about 3 seconds then after i crank and it runs for a few seconds then it wont do sweep but needle will come up to idle where it is supposed to be....from what ive seen when key comes on it is supposed to do needle sweeps THEN go back to idle...any ideas? Thanks in advance...
I have heard some do the sweep and some don't, My 04 cobra use to do it all the time and my buddies never did it... or vice versa, his did it all the time and mine never did it..????

FoxZilla405

Donator
I have heard some do the sweep and some don't, My 04 cobra use to do it all the time and my buddies never did it... or vice versa, his did it all the time and mine never did it..????
Well when we first put power to it, it did the sweep as it should and how i expected it to do it.. then did it for about 5 times each time i started it..then one day came in and it wont do it at all like its dead....then all of sudden after car runs for about 45 seconds the dash comes alive shows mileage, will not sweep but comes up to idle rpm and oil pressure guage comes on.....could there be a ground issue? myers407 and i are stuck?....