• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svt Fox

Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378097647.918629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378097728.938182.jpg

Got a new (to me) hood. I'm going to drive around with it to see if I hate it or not.

Svt Fox

Staff member
As stated in my drag strip session thread, my passenger side, secondary tensioner, didn't want to build up pressure anymore. Once it was removed and compared to the replacement, it was pretty evident that it was done.

I ended up having to purchase some man toys in the from of a 4V Cam tool kit. The price was reasonable ($175 out the door) and it was definitely needed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380809720.576948.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380809738.306417.jpg

Here is the engine, with the upper intake, cam covers and timing cover removed. I have to say that these engines are very neat! Ford definitely knocked it out of the park. I did not have to remove any fuel system, coolant system, components, including the water pump and alternator. Here are some before and after pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380809936.639149.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380809952.772520.jpg

So, since I had all the covers off, I decided to take that opportunity to clean and paint a few things, hoping to brighten up the engine bay a little bit.

Cleaned up before paint
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380810051.272536.jpg

After.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380810096.989223.jpg

I hope to have everything back together and hear it run tonight. I'll update after, with assembly pics.

Shout outs..

Kurt! Thanks for your assistance and insight. It was greatly appreciated!!

NA SVT! Thanks for the hook up on the low mileage tensioners! Thanks to you, I didn't have to use aftemarket!

419forest

Congrats on getting the engine in the car! I hope to get mine installed by the end of this month. Craig

419forest

Congrats on getting the engine in the car! I hope to get mine installed by the end of this month. Craig

Great to see you still moving forward on progressing on the build. I've been at a dead stop on mine, and am starting back on it this week.

Speedtospare

Great to see the project moving forward! We put my original blower Vortech V7 at 12 PSI on a Mach 1 engine and made 554 WHP. You should get similar numbers.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Great to see the project moving forward! We put my original blower Vortech V7 at 12 PSI on a Mach 1 engine and made 554 WHP. You should get similar numbers.

That would be awesome but I am limited to 450rwhp due to my rods, pistons, and valve springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.