• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thanks! Even though the paint isn't a perfect match, it's a lot better than a primer bumper cover, in my opinion.

Svt Fox

Staff member
---update---

Installed the UPR Bumpsteer kit. Let me tell ya, it made a world of difference! Getting the new struts and front tires installed tomorrow, front end alignment, and all four wheels rebalanced!

Hopefully this will all make the ride less harsh. Bill and Kurt both suggested that I look into a strut tower brace to tie it all in. I will be investigating that further!

Svt Fox

Staff member
---update---

Installed the UPR Bumpsteer kit. Let me tell ya, it made a world of difference! Getting the new struts and front tires installed tomorrow, front end alignment, and all four wheels rebalanced!

Hopefully this will all make the ride less harsh. Bill and Kurt both suggested that I look into a strut tower brace to tie it all in. I will be investigating that further!

Everything is installed and aligned! The car is night and day different. Even in the rain yesterday, it was much more enjoyable to drive.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Thank you gentleman! I am really looking forward to stretching the cars "legs" out now that the bump-steer issue is gone!

I got a ride in my buddy's 745awhp, turbo mirage recently. The car only weighs 2600 lbs. All I can say is...it ruined me for awhile lol.

Here is a link to when he dyno'd the car last year. Yours truly did the camera work. :) It was very interesting to say the least.

Speedtospare

that is impressive. There a guy with a stock cobra long block running 8.60's which would be in the 1200 hp mark. Motors today are made very well. I think the metallurgy has a lot to do with it.

Svt Fox

Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372686920.177267.jpg

Wideband installed :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372686960.210040.jpg

New M/T 16" drag radials :)

Tailpipes reinstalled at Jaeger's! They did a very nice job! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372687126.390455.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372687146.306637.jpg

And a pic of my fastest timeslip, with BFG drag radials. I figure a 1.8 60', launching at 6200-6300 isn't too shabby! That was an LS1 Camaro on the right ;)

4.56 gears, axles, trac-loc rebuild, and a dyno tune are on deck! Hopefully high 12's will be had!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372687231.623694.jpg

Svt Fox

Staff member
Went to LMT to dyno the car tonight.

Baseline with an "educated guess tune" was 260hp/280tq.

After tuning, the 5th pull yielded 272hp/292tq at the tires! :)

Unknown mileage 93 Mark-8 engine from the local pick and pull.

96-98 intake and misc.
exhaust (stock manifolds)
90mm MAF

That's all!

I ran my best time (13.1@103.7) with only 260rwhp!

Imagine what 272hp and 4.56 gears could do! Hopefully it will put me solidly into the 12's! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373702844.567406.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.