• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help? oil pans for the swap?

dewayne

iI have a 97 mark 8 4v a 87 notch with 02 k frame what oil pan do i use are the 4.6 pans different or do i need a mustang pan

dewayne

really? i was panicking thinking i had to find a cobra pan and haven't found one in the 3 months ive been looking

tsiguy91

Can you use the stock Gt pan on the mark motor with the mark pickup tube??? It is about an inch and a half from the bottom.

Svt Fox

Staff member
Can you use the stock Gt pan on the mark motor with the mark pickup tube??? It is about an inch and a half from the bottom.

I'm not sure but a good rule of thumb for me is to use the pickup tube that matches the pan.

keeton

All of the 96-04 4.6 Mustang motor mounts are the same as far as I know. I was surprised to see it's only about $100 for a set of poly ones too.

dewayne

i really appreciate all the help i bought a new set from autozone today for o1 gt for 30 bucks each and they had them in stock too

dewayne

autozone says all mustang engine mounts with 4.6 are the same part number cobra or not i had them run different years same part numbers
3001 and 3002 are the a z part numbers

dewayne

well im running part numbers ok crown vik 04 to 2010 f150 02 to 2010 mustang any 4.6 5.4 96 to 2010 all the same pans the truck dont matter 4x4 or not summit sells a factory replacement pan for 140 with dip stik and gasket pik up not included but available pan part number mil 30715

dewayne

i have friends that own salvages and a few friends that work at at autozone so they let me play with the computors and i get to have free rome of the salvages and i build engines so i got some pretty neet books that ive been scannin over since yesterday

dewayne

this is all the info i learned today and last night while doing a little research

so here is my question whats the difference with the mark 8 pan from all the others

keeton

I don't know the difference between it and all the rest, but there is no way you will have issues with the Mark 8 pan. The pan is flat and the sump is at the back.

Speedtospare

Only thing I have from the Lincoln is the Teksid block.

This photo help t all? Its a 04 Mach 1 motor with an 03 Cobra K-member. 04 Cobra oil pan

536026_10150931990165470_18413981_n.jpg

dewayne

well this week im gona go pik up my 02 parts car and i shud start in the next week or two on getting mine goin