• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help? oil pans for the swap?

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
It is confirmed that if you are running the Mark VIII oil pan with long tubes or midlenghts with a stock modified k-member you WILL have to drop the k-member down to get the starter out. So with the being said i will definatley have to replace the oil pan when i pull the engine back out. Problems like this is whats getting under my skin at this time. So i am debating just going ahead and pulling the motor and replace starter and welding in steering bearing then replace the motor and attempt to fire it up again, since im waiting on some parts lol. Oh well you learn as you go on a mod swap. IMO I think this site is the only one where we ALL share info, its a tight lipped community outside this site to me. So with that being said i want to thank everyone who shares info, pics, and other do's and dont's. Next time i decide to do this maybe it will be a little easier. LOL yeah i said easier

dewayne

on the dipstick from what i can tell so far.. yes it does seem to be the same ,but i haven't measured the pan depths yet though they look the same depth but looks can be deceiving

dewayne

dont laugh to hard guys i told you im gona build this car for 3000 or less and that is including me painting it my son that works at a apolstry shop doing the seats and the first drive,.......... so far im at 1900 this is a very small budget build because im not willing to take money from my race car

Capri_gt

Wow that starter placement looks worse then when my capri had long tubes on the original 5.0 I had to pull the trans to change the starter. ( I didnt have access to an engine crane at the time )