• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help? oil pans for the swap?

dewayne

I have a 98 get k member it fits fine and the passenger header fit great but I had to move the front primary tube on the driver side but that was because they made the header wrong for the steering shaft the pan fits great with the stock k frame and the pacesetter long tubes

Goldbergs

Well I stand corrected then. I have always just swaped it out because I didn't look like it would fit . I never went through the hassle of test fitting. I still would suck to have to drop subframe to change starter though. Dewayne what steering shaft were you having problems with clearance?

Svt Fox

Staff member
Well I stand corrected then. I have always just swaped it out because I didn't look like it would fit . I never went through the hassle of test fitting. I still would suck to have to drop subframe to change starter though. Dewayne what steering shaft were you having problems with clearance?

I don't have to drop my k member to change my starter :)

Bobby Amato

I have two stock oil pans with the pick up tubes. Both are from cobras. $75 shipped text me if you are interested.

619-672-7495

Bobby Amato

Let me know if you need any other parts. I have a lot of swap parts, such as wiring from 96 cobra, cobra heads, 97 cobra computer, cobra intake, fuel rails etc.

ModFoxMustangs

Staff member
Let me know if you need any other parts. I have a lot of swap parts, such as wiring from 96 cobra, cobra heads, 97 cobra computer, cobra intake, fuel rails etc.
Might need to talk you about those.. We need to convert our EEC IV to OBD

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

dewayne

I'm good on parts for now i did just get a 86k mile engine and Trans out of a 98 mark8 so I'm gonna use it but today i fabbed up my crossmember and exhaust and drive shaft i have tons of pics but the shop has been so busy i haven't had much time and when i do i use it to work on my car but i will get them up eventually probably all at once

dewayne

The problem i was having with my steering shaft was because of my pace setter full length headers were made with the front primary tube on the drivers side was rite in the way but i fixed that by rerouting it to clear.. the header wouldn't clear even with the engine and k frame on the ground

dewayne

Im to the point of figuring out fuel lines and wiring the wiring isn't the problem that's all worked out I've moved all my wiring to the passenger side and its gonna go through the fire wall like a Fox usually does i am having trouble with the heater hoses and throttle cable I'm going to use the mark8 throttle cable but there's not much room between the engine and firewall

dewayne

If i change my oil pan to a mustang pan i won't have to drop the k frame to change the starter with the headers and the kick out on the pan the starter will not come out ive tried it i can get the bolts out but the starter won't fit through the small hole

Svt Fox

Staff member
If i change my oil pan to a mustang pan i won't have to drop the k frame to change the starter with the headers and the kick out on the pan the starter will not come out ive tried it i can get the bolts out but the starter won't fit through the small hole

I don't have long tube headers. I do have the Mark VIII oil pan. Must be a LT issue. What a pain. I'll stick with my manifolds lol!

dewayne

The cobra manifolds are not cheep that's why i bought the lt headers they were 240 to my door I've got a mustang pan now so I'll put it on my low milage engine and Trans when i put it in then my starter issues will be over no big deal

Svt Fox

Staff member
The cobra manifolds are not cheep that's why i bought the lt headers they were 240 to my door I've got a mustang pan now so I'll put it on my low milage engine and Trans when i put it in then my starter issues will be over no big deal

They are cheaper than long tubes. I think I paid $75 for NOS manifolds shipped to my door.

dewayne

Really when i was looking Ebay they were like 350 and all the salvages wanted like 4oo to 5oo ....i almost didn't do this project then i found my long tubes then two months later i found this forum .....for example i want a cobra intake but looked on Ebay last night they are between 500 and 700 for those prices I'll stay with a mark 8

Svt Fox

Staff member
Really when i was looking Ebay they were like 350 and all the salvages wanted like 4oo to 5oo ....i almost didn't do this project then i found my long tubes then two months later i found this forum .....for example i want a cobra intake but looked on Ebay last night they are between 500 and 700 for those prices I'll stay with a mark 8

Really... I found these, in a two second search this morning, sitting in the head.

Look at this on eBay:

Ford Mustang Cobra Exhaust Manifolds 32V 4v 4.6 DOHC

http://bit.ly/We0T5H

Look at this on eBay:

96-98 cobra intake manifold upper and lower, mustang, mark viii, 32v dohc

http://bit.ly/14EColO

dewayne

Ok so i didn't look hard and this was months ago in the ex manis and i looked at a couple pages on the intakes

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
This is correct i need to change my starter and from the looks of it with even mid lenghts i will have to drop the k-member to get the starter out, i will confirm tomorrow and let you guys know. Oh yeah and i am running the Mark VIII oil pan with the extra capacity CRAP on the side, this will be changed when the engine comes back out for the paint and body work on the car. Just curious if the pick up tube is the same as cobra????