• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help? oil pans for the swap?

dewayne

so do i keep posting in this post with my other questions the reason i ask is cause ive asked ?s in other post and got no replies yet

dewayne

no no im not trying to gain anything i just didn't want to get in the middle of this swap and find out that this isn't gonna work or that's in the wrong place or this is another part that's gonna tear my wallet apart im just not wanting any surprises i want to pull it out of the mark 8 and put gaskets t chain in it put it in and wire it and drive it im basically just doing all my research trying to get all my ducks in a row the first time around.... because ive got so many irons in the fire i get one chance.......i own my own shop but i only get to use my lift only on the weekends and i got to have this thing stabbed together and in the car between friday evening and sunday night no ifs ands or buts after its in the car bolted up and crossmember are built i can take my sweet time to wire and finish it up

Svt Fox

Staff member
The stock mark-8 pan will be fine. Why are you going to change the timing chain? How many miles are on the engine.

dewayne

me being an engine builder i dont see many problems with the 32 valve 46s except head gaskets and t chain guides never seen any other problems so i thought id stop it befor i even start it runs great but just wanted to build a badass driver that dont have to come back apart for unseen repairs

Svt Fox

Staff member
The stock mark-8 pan will be fine. Why are you going to change the timing chain? How many miles are on the engine.

Svt Fox

Staff member
me being an engine builder i dont see many problems with the 32 valve 46s except head gaskets and t chain guides never seen any other problems so i thought id stop it befor i even start it runs great but just wanted to build a badass driver that dont have to come back apart for unseen repairs

Meh. Toss it in and fire it up. More than likely you'll have the engine in and out a couple of times for unforeseen issues.

If the oil in the engine doesn't look like chocolate milk, I say run it.

If you are going to tear it apart, down to the short block, might as well drop the coin on a set of used 03/04 cobra pistons and put those in while your at it. A set of Ford GT or FR500 cams wouldn't hurt either ;).

Upgrading the pistons and rods will give you piece of mind should you want to run some sort of power adder in the future.

dewayne

Well i guess u r rite and it does run really well when i went to by it the guy wouldn't let me drive it to check out the tranny he said i had to buy it first he said i could check it out listen to it so i fired it up pulled it down into low and power braked it through all the gears until i blew the back tire he was pissed till i handed him the money

Svt Fox

Staff member
Well i gess u r rite and it does run really well when i went to by it the guy wouldn't let me drive it to yet the tranny he said i has to buy it first he said i could check it out listen to it so i fired it up oiled it down into low and power breaked out through all the gears until i blew the back tire he was pissed till i handed hill the money

Umm... Yea...

Just some friendly advice, proof read your post before you commit to posting it. I'm not the grammar police however, it would make your posts easier to read for the rest of us.

dewayne

oops my bad i was on the shop phone ordering parts for customers and at the same time i was on my cell on the forum

ill edit it now

dewayne

if you look at the photo of it you can see where the tire exploded and is all over the side of the quarter panel
the black mark in the street in front of the guys house will be there for a long time i can promise that
i was defiantly not thinking when i did it i had the door open and my hand on the door when the tire blew up a piece took a chunk out of my arm and another piece got my nephew that was standing in front of the open door

Attachments

• PART_1353891063911.jpeg
    PART_1353891063911.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 41

Goldbergs

I dont mean to drag up an old thread but i dont want anyone to read this and think the stock mark VIII oil pan wwill work. IT WONT.... mark pan has an extra compartment attached to it to expand oil capacity

Attachments

• OilPan1.JPG
    OilPan1.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 43

keeton

I dont mean to drag up an old thread but i dont want anyone to read this and think the stock mark VIII oil pan wwill work. IT WONT.... mark pan has an extra compartment attached to it to expand oil capacity
My '95 Mark VIII pan looks nothing like that.

Goldbergs

every mark pan I have ever seen has the kickout and a google search yields the same results... did u use the 95 pan in a swap?

dewayne

My mark was a 97 it does have that kick out that's why I started this thread but everyone said it'll fit no problem well I went off the guys advise it fit great how ever I'm using pace setter long tube headers for a 97cobra

I do not believe it would fit with manifolds or a shorty header and I believe I'll have to remove the engine to change the starter and not because of the headers that kick out is blocking the starter I have picks I'll get them up soon

Svt Fox

Staff member
The oil pan WILL fit with stock 96-98 Cobra exhaust manifolds. I know this to be true because I am running the Mark VIII oil pan.

Svt Fox

Staff member
However, I am running a tubular K-member so I am not sure about stock k-member.