• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My ModFox Conversion

coryjones

Any recommendations on having some one tun it or would a e mail tune be a option? I have diesels and any time i want a tune they just e mail it to me. I haven't looked in to that part yet but will need to very soon

ponyboy89lx

Staff member
If you have hand held tuner that will work on your car I suppose they could email you one. What about the guys that do you truck tunes. I would start there.

04Ryan

Well she drives like a dream! She has over 150 miles on her already and I'm loving every minute! I charged the A/C up last night, so now that blows nice and cold. Just need to build a CAI for it so I can get rid of the stock airbox setup...gonna start collecting all the exterior resto parts I need for the repaint coming this winter.

04Ryan

So I clay barred and polished her up this past weekend now that she's pretty much done :) Hit her with my Porter Cable and some Wolfgang compound. Then put a thick coat of Meguairs wax on her to help keep her from fading out so fast.

That's about as clean as I can get her until after Christmas...then she goes in for a full repaint :) But she doesn't polish up too bad for being 21 year old paint LoL

04Ryan

ok just noticed in the pic how do u live that close to a cop and stay out of trouble, guess thats why we didnt get any burn out videos?

Haha...actually my neighbor is really cool. And he's out of his jurisdiction anyways. But yea he got pulled over one day coming down our main road doing 11mph over the limit. The city cop pulled him over...and told him he was doing 11 over...my neighbor was like "So....." LoL

04Ryan

That is a fine looking machine...even with paint old enough to drink

LoL...this is why you don't buy cars sight unseen! There are several shopping cart dings in her that can't be seen in those photo's...not to mention several deep scratches! But the paint comes back really nice that's for sure...although it's all over my rotary pads and microfibers :(

Bill

Staff member
Donator
No doubt...I'm not even going there. Mine has been through a couple of different cheap color changes that looked like crap.

99 big red

That porter cable did a number on it.

You should ask your neighbor to do some burn outs in the unit.

I found one CL. 7346sp is this one any good?

04Ryan

That porter cable did a number on it.

You should ask your neighbor to do some burn outs in the unit.

I found one CL. 7346sp is this one any good?

This is the one I use...depending on how much the 7346SP is I'd go with the 7424XP like mine. It's more powerful and has more RPM to help with those deeper scratches. I bought mine as a combo kit with Wolfgang product and several different Lake County foam pads. The yellow's are the most aggressive and the ones I use the most. Along with a Grey pad for the finishing glaze or applying wax...but they usually have some really good deals on that site for combo deals. Especially with Christmas coming up.

http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424xp.html