• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My ModFox Conversion

04Ryan

If it comes with pads and a brand new polisher for $120 I'd scoop it up! They are great polishers and can take out some pretty mean swirl marks and scratches! I even use mine on my boat :)

04Ryan

Got my intake built this weekend...turned out really good. Ended up using a 12"x18" of 16ga sheet metal. A 3"x3.5" 45* coupler...and a single 3.5" steel 180* bend pipe. Well that and a weld on MAF flange for my Lightning MAF. Was able to MIG it all together and then grind the welds down and make it pretty! Can't even see the weld's :) Of course the wrinkle paint helps...but I've done it before and the wrinkle doesn't cover as much as I thought it would. So on this intake I made sure I got those welds nice and flat!

Hooked the wideband up and did some street tuning...got her all dialed in for the N/A tune. IAT's are much cooler now! Can't wait to take her down the track! I bought 2 more Cobra rims to mount my DR's on...those came in Saturday. So now I just need a set of DR's and she'll be good to go!

schiffy

Not to high jack your thread (freaking awesome build btw) I'm about to drop a tubular K into my '98, will my stock K bolt into a fox? My buddy and I are in the process of a mark VIII swap into a fox when we have the right body and parts listing finalized. Just curious, it'll save us money. Haha

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Your stock Kmember can be used in your Fox. You will need to trim back edge just behind the bolts to get it to sit flush with the frame rail. You will also need to elongate the bolt holes just a bit in the back, but you won't have any trouble getting it to fit. It is an easy installation.

Bill

Staff member
Donator
Got my intake built this weekend...turned out really good. Ended up using a 12"x18" of 16ga sheet metal. A 3"x3.5" 45* coupler...and a single 3.5" steel 180* bend pipe. Well that and a weld on MAF flange for my Lightning MAF. Was able to MIG it all together and then grind the welds down and make it pretty! Can't even see the weld's :) Of course the wrinkle paint helps...but I've done it before and the wrinkle doesn't cover as much as I thought it would. So on this intake I made sure I got those welds nice and flat!
Hooked the wideband up and did some street tuning...got her all dialed in for the N/A tune. IAT's are much cooler now! Can't wait to take her down the track! I bought 2 more Cobra rims to mount my DR's on...those came in Saturday. So now I just need a set of DR's and she'll be good to go!

Are you planning to run a strut tower brace? The last 2V I did, I used a brace designed for a Fox with a 351. It fit great...until we broke a motor mount an bent the heck out of it. At least it saved the hood.

schiffy

Not to high jack your thread (freaking awesome build btw) I'm about to drop a tubular K into my '98, will my stock K bolt into a fox? My buddy and I are in the process of a mark VIII swap into a fox when we have the right body and parts listing finalized. Just curious, it'll save us money. Haha
Sweet! Thanks for the info!

04Ryan

Are you planning to run a strut tower brace? The last 2V I did, I used a brace designed for a Fox with a 351. It fit great...until we broke a motor mount an bent the heck out of it. At least it saved the hood.

Nahh...I'm not a fan of strut tower braces. They just get in the way when you wanna work on your car LoL Plus I'm not into corner carving...I'm more of a straight line kinda guy :)

Roadhawg

I installed a 98 SN95 cross member in my 91 fox.
Like Bill said you will need to trim the rear mounting pads and elongate the bolt holes.

04Ryan

Well she's got over 1500 miles on her and good to go so far! Took her out to the track Friday night with my Hoosier DR's and my newly installed line lock. Here is a little video for your viewing pleasure :)

That run was a 12.70@106.5 with a 1.73 60'

This was the best run all night...

04Ryan

Wow...haven't been on here in awhile! So quick updates....got rid of the MHS Stage 3 heads and bolted on some TFS 2V heads and picked up 46 rwhp and 50ft/lbs of torque over the MHS heads.

Swapped over to a 3800 stall built by me 4R75W and 4.10 gears...car now runs 11.30@120 in the 1/4. Took it over to Bradenton this year for the NMRA race. Had a blast in True Street. She pulls the wheel quite nicely leaving from a dead idle :)

Other then that we have just been driving the car and enjoying it...she runs great and haven't had any issues. Car stays cool even in the FL summer heat with the A/C on...can't ask for a nicer car to drive! So once the kids got out of school for the summer...it was time to tear the car apart for her next big makeover. A paint job!

Here she is in progress of her full makeover....

And here is what we have so far :)

04Ryan

Got the hood and trunk lid back this past Monday...they should be done with the doors and fenders tomorrow. My wife and I have been cleaning and repainting all the interior pieces. Along with new seat upholstery and foam for the front seats. I can tell you guys now from experience...TMI seats and map pockets don't match the Ford Titanium at all! Acme Auto Headlining in CA does seats and map pockets for the Mustang in Titanium and it matches perfect! Got all new weather stripping and carpet to install...can't wait to get her all back together and wet sanded and buffed! She's gonna shine like no other :D

04Ryan

I also installed some different cams when I did the TFS heads...love these cams! They hit so hard but drive so nice! With the auto in the car now my wife drives her to work all the time...she said she gets lots of thumbs up when people see her driving the car and they hear the cams LoL