• Hello there guest and Welcome to Modular Fox Mustangs home of the 2V, 3V, 4V, Coyote Modular Mustang Conversion Information Website!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Terminator Fox Awakens!

419forest

I've driven the car five (5) miles and the hot-jet coating done by a local shop has flaked off! I swear, it pisses me off when you pay good money for services, and they aren't legit.

I'll be taking them off and getting them done by calicocoatings next week.

header_flake.jpg

419forest

Ain't that the truth, I'd be sure to go by there and show them their work too and if they offer to fix it ....Nah!

I've sent them a picture of the headers, but at this point it's pretty much useless for me to spend time arguing with them about reimbursement, and I definitely don't trust their work for them to do it over for a second time.

David

I feel your pain...I had my valve covers powdercoated and I could see where some of the powder had run and other places where the second part wasn't added... I never went back to argue because I felt it took too long in the first places... almost two months for small parts.... I will make sure I don't reccomend Texas performance coating to anyone I know...

419forest

I finally got the headlights wired. I had to get a headlight pigtail to connect the Terminator harness to the turn signal assembly switch.

I should be ready to start putting a few miles on the new clutch on Friday.

whiteponygt

What pigtails did you have to get.Have you tried the lights I learned the hard way I put fox pig tails on sn headlight harness well Ford swapped low beam and ground wire pins from Fox to sn it drive me nuts till I figured out what I did.I felt like a dummy

419forest

What pigtails did you have to get.Have you tried the lights I learned the hard way I put fox pig tails on sn headlight harness well Ford swapped low beam and ground wire pins from Fox to sn it drive me nuts till I figured out what I did.I felt like a dummy

This pigtail (see pic) is required to connect the Terminator harness to the turn signal assembly (aka multi-fuction switch). I removed the Terminator headlight plug connector (round knob on dashboard), cut the wires and soldered in the fox headlight plug connector. That way, I can use the fox dashboard and fox buttons to activate the headlights.

Craig

pigtail.JPG

whiteponygt

Oh ok I see Idk about the terminator but the sn multifunction switch mounted the same on the Fox column as the sn so I just switched it over

419forest

I haven't worked on it much since the video. I'm getting the audio system re-done and ready for a dyno, but it SNOWS before I can get it completed. Therefore, deer scouting until then...

Deer_salt block.jpg

419forest

If you need exhaust components coated, then Calico Coatings is the MAN! Huge difference in quality from what I got done locally.

20150306_103206.jpg

20150306_102719.jpg

20150306_102730.jpg

419forest

I've used long tubes before on a stroker, push-rod engine. I am not a fan of the moderate loss of low-end torque.

Long tubes can only be installed on a fox modular swap if you're willing to beat the underside of the channel in order to get them to fit. I do not want to abuse my car in that way.

The easiest and quickest way to get the modular motor installed and exhaust connected is to use the factory exhaust manifold and bolt it up to a catback system made for a terminator; which is what I did.

BDvs

419, I hope you're wrong on the stock exhaust being the only exhaust that fits a fox :) I sold my stock Cobra exhaust and bought mid length Bassani headers and X pipe. Regardless, nice ride!

BDvs

I was looking at a Team z but decided to get a stock k member to maintain streetable strength. How do you like yours?